Vista - is it worth it -- family cove vs family suite

finzup-kt

travelers:

2 adults / 2 kids (will be ages 4 and almost 2)

current prices:

family cove $2350

family suite $3227

from what i understand.. the family cove doesn't have a bathtub nor a separate sitting area. both have cove balconies in family harbor area.

is the bathtub/2nd bathroom area and separate sitting area worth almost $1000?

i'm leaning towards no and booking the cove but the extra room of the suite sure would be nice.

opinions?

Although value can be highly subjective, in my opinion the answer would be yes for the very differences between the standard cove and the cove suite that you state.

Your budget and comfort threshold may differ. Having choices in cabin category/amenity is great but it doesn't make those choices easy. :)

Good luck in whatever you decide and Happy Sailing!

Thanks.. i'm leaning towards suite...

if the cost was say $700 difference it'd be a no brainer. I'm just trying to justify the cost in my head :)

one more thing we'd get with the cove suite is priority boarding, right? so we wouldn't need FTTF ($50?), right?

if you get the family cove suite, do you get priority tendering?

thanks

I think you'll be happy you booked the suite. With kids, I personally think the extra room may be nice to have in the evenings to gather as a family and make plans for the next day's activities or just to have family time. Those cabins can get small with multiple people in them and of course extra space is always nice!

I would've loved to book a Suite, but the price difference was just too high for me. The 4 Coves booked very quickly on my sailing, leaving only the Suites, most of which are still open right now. IMHO, there should be a few more Coves and a few less Suites. I'd easily go for a Cove, but the high demand for those made it not an option.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, CCL did no one a favor with that. All the family suites and the family cove balconies are under the galley.

Some of the family deluxe OV are not under the galley but the MDR, which would be much better.

Not everyone who had a cove under the galley on the Dream class complained of noise, but many did. All night noise in some cases.

Family section should have been higher and closer to the kids club.

Vista in some ways is not as family/kid friendly a design. No quads in the Spa, and the Cabana exclusion.

Great for the kid haters though.. ;)

Edited by legion3

My luck THIS would be the cruise the Upgrade Fairy says would you like to move from your FH Deluxe Oceanview (barely under MDR) to FH Balcony or FH Suite and we have to reconsider what might be a no brainer due to those being under the galley. :mad: We'll already be at the bottom aft as it is.