Paradise and Port of Tampa Question

taylor1293

We've sailed from Tampa twice before but I can't remember how early I arrived at the port.

My daughter will be getting off the Paradise the same day we will be getting on. What is the latest she can disembark and the earliest we are allowed to arrive at the port? We were thinking we would pick her up and drop ourselves off at the same time (she would take our car home).

The other option is we pick her up and then come back to the port later. We live in Tampa so it's not a big deal and will just take an extra hour. However, it would be great if we could do it all at once.

Thanks.

There will be a time buffer between the last passengers debarking (usually 9:30-10:00) and the first passengers embarking (11:00-11:30). They have to confirm all parents are off, or "zero count" as I've heard it called.

Even if she's the last one off, you'll probably still have to sit in the terminal for a little while before you board.

If they hit any snags with debarkation, have Customs clearance issues or are late getting into port (not altogether uncommon at Tampa due to the transit under the Skyway) you may be waiting longer.

As noted by Captain Carnival, you could do it all at once, but that'll give you at least an hour, and probably way more, sitting in the terminal. :( If it were me, I'd have the daughter call when she gets off the ship, take her home, and return for a leisurely boarding process to the ship. No Problem Mon. ;)

"SKY"

We've sailed from Tampa twice before but I can't remember how early I arrived at the port.

My daughter will be getting off the Paradise the same day we will be getting on. What is the latest she can disembark and the earliest we are allowed to arrive at the port? We were thinking we would pick her up and drop ourselves off at the same time (she would take our car home).

The other option is we pick her up and then come back to the port later. We live in Tampa so it's not a big deal and will just take an extra hour. However, it would be great if we could do it all at once.

Thanks.

The paradise has been starting disembark meant around 8. It now uses the pier by the aqurium. Plenty of time to go back and forth, but it is just a mater of what time you like to get on board. If not faster to the fun, platium or diamond boarding will start around 1130-1200 ish. Have a great time

As noted by Captain Carnival, you could do it all at once, but that'll give you at least an hour, and probably way more, sitting in the terminal. :( If it were me, I'd have the daughter call when she gets off the ship, take her home, and return for a leisurely boarding process to the ship. No Problem Mon. ;)

"SKY"

DITTO - That's exactly what I would recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

What can you recomend for parking lots in Tampa? The pier parking is expensive. We are driving over from New Smyrna Beach.

Coming over on I-4 Any good reasonable price motels?

Saw the Country Inn and Suites. But it is by the Hard Rock and a truck stop.

Not sure if the area is safe to leave vehicle there all week.