Main Chow Hall Dinning reservations?

I sure miss the old days when you were assigned a table and waiter for your dinner every night. I understand why a lot of people like the flexibility of not having a schedule while on vacation, but I like having the same table, same time, and the same waiter every night. Does anybody know if it is possible to get a reservation like in the old days?

On our first cruise with NCL, on the Epic, we struck pay dirt when we got Paulo. On subsequent nights when we went to the main dining room we'd ask for a table with Paulo. On one night we had to wait about 20 minutes, which we were willing to do, but we got Paulo. However, we never sat at the same table twice which IMHO was unimportant to having the same waiter. Even though we didn't sit with the same people I loved meeting new people every night and we are still in contact with a couple we meet.

Yes, on another cruise line.

This^.

Most of the other lines still have traditional dining. Some (like Carnival) offer a choice of your time dining (flexible like NCL) or traditional dining.

If you want a table at a set time in the MDR every evening, you certainly may do so. Just talk to the MD when on board (or just pre-book it online through MyNCL before the cruise, that is usually possible to do when it is less than 90 days until your cruise). And if you would like a certain waiter every night, then you just request to be seated in his/her section of the restaurant...

Edited by TrumpyNor

If you want a table at a set time in the MDR every evening, you certainly may do so. Just talk to the MD when on board (or just pre-book it online through MyNCL before the cruise, that is usually possible to do when it is less than 90 days until your cruise). And if you would like a certain waiter every night, then you just request to be seated in his/her section of the restaurant...

ok, that is what I was wondering. I couldn't do it on the Epic so I wasn't sure if it was on all ships. I will keep an eye out 90 days or just call NCL customer service. I looked earlier today and didn't see any option in MyNCL, but hopefully it is just too early.

ok, that is what I was wondering. I couldn't do it on the Epic so I wasn't sure if it was on all ships. I will keep an eye out 90 days or just call NCL customer service. I looked earlier today and didn't see any option in MyNCL, but hopefully it is just too early.

The possibility to pre-book tables in the MDR is rather new, it started some time last year (I don't remember when). Were you on the Epic recently? If it is a problem with pre-booking, then you can for sure make reservations while on board - just talk to the Maitre D.

Edited by TrumpyNor

The possibility to pre-book tables in the MDR is rather new, it started some time last year (I don't remember when). Were you on the Epic recently? If it is a problem with pre-booking, then you can for sure make reservations while on board - just talk to the Maitre D.

It has been 3 years since I was on the Epic and I couldn't make reservations back then. On the last NCL cruise, last year, I was talking to a few people who said they were able to get reservations. I went to talk to the MD and he said it was to late to pre-book tables; honestly, he was kind of rude so I just went on my way. That is why I asked in this forum to see how I do it, the person who I booked my next cruise with said they don't offer pre-booking, but I think she just didn't know. I will just wait until 90 days before my cruise and call NCL directly as the previous person mentioned above. Again, not really a big deal...I just like getting to know my waiter, I think it adds a little something fun about going out to dinner.