Diamond Plus Level----Really???

In the mail today I received an envelope addressed to my wife congratulating her for making Diamond Plus level. Great right? No, the problem is she passed away 2 years ago. I called RCCL and they could not figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? With all the identity theft going on, it is kind of scary.

In the mail today I received an envelope addressed to my wife congratulating her for making Diamond Plus level. Great right? No, the problem is she passed away 2 years ago. I called RCCL and they could not figure it out. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? With all the identity theft going on, it is kind of scary.

I would contact C&A/RCL again to see if it's a mistake or if the account is actively being used. Sorry for your loss

Edited by Mac303

I would contact C&A/RCL again to see if it's a mistake or if the account is actively being used. Sorry for your loss

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes I did contact them and they are looking into it and supposed to get back to me by Monday. They also told me that they had 2 accounts set up for my wife. No idea why.

Well maybe it was your wife giving you a little hint that you should be cruising more.....;) she is greatly missed for sure..

I hope you are smiling with me in your wife's memory.

But seriously, did they mentioned it could be a name mix up.

One time they told me I was showing twice too, at the same address.

Another time they got my dad and brother mixed up because one was senior and one was Jr. My dad was deceased at the time and they both had different addresses.

Even my children have been mixed up because of the same first initial.

However we have not received an incorrect mailing. I am sure they will get to the bottom of it on Monday...

Take Care, L:)ri

Edited by land lover

In the mail today I received an envelope addressed to my wife congratulating her for making Diamond Plus level. Great right? No, the problem is she passed away 2 years ago...

Aww, your post brought tears to my eyes. :( I'm so sorry for your loss. How are you doing?

Well maybe it was your wife giving you a little hint that you should be cruising more.....;) she is greatly missed for sure..

I hope you are smiling with me in you wife's memory.

But seriously, did they mentioned it could be a name mix up.

One time they told me I was showing twice too, at the same address.

Another time they got my dad and brother mixed up because one was senior and one was Jr. My dad was deceased at the time and they both had different addresses.

Even my children have been mixed up because of the same first initial.

However we have not received an incorrect mailing. I am sure they will get to the bottom of it on Monday...

Take Care, L:)ri

Thank you. Actually I was upset at first that she was sailing without me. LOL Yes I have been cruising that is the place I have the best memories of our 42 cruises together. I have one booked now and will be in ST Thomas on her birthday, one of her favorite ports. Lots of good memories and maybe a few tears.

Thank you. Actually I was upset at first that she was sailing without me. LOL Yes I have been cruising that is the place I have the best memories of our 42 cruises together. I have one booked now and will be in ST Thomas on her birthday, one of her favorite ports. Lots of good memories and maybe a few tears.

What a great sense of humor....you must have kept her laughing......

Enjoy.....

Edited by land lover

iriemon, that had to be heartbreaking to read, so very sorry for your loss.

Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise and celebrate the memories of you two cruising together.

Royal's IT department is just a joke.

###

I'll second that!

My husband's name isn't very common, but another person with the same name set up an online account for my hubby's C&A account and took a cruise using his number. When we booked our cruise for next year, after not cruising for 10 years, our TA got his C&A account straightened out and they removed the extra cruise. We were gold (with one point shy of platinum) before the other man's cruise, but RCCL left us at platinum after straightening things out.

Maybe RCI messed up and allowed someone with the same name as your wife access to her account, thinking it was her.

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes I did contact them and they are looking into it and supposed to get back to me by Monday. They also told me that they had 2 accounts set up for my wife. No idea why.

I ran into a similar problem with my husband, he also has two accounts, one showing as Emerald, and the other as Diamond Plus. Same name and address, but two different dates of birth. Despite numerous phone calls and promises to deactivate the incorrect account, it still exists. Further, when you reach a certain level in loyalty status as a couple, there appears to be no rhyme or reason to whom the congratulatory letters are sent to. Sometimes me, sometimes my husband.

So very sorry for your loss, and I wish you luck getting this squared away....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app