Vibe Pass - do I stand a chance?

We are sailing Breakaway to Bermuda in October. 20th anniversary trip without our three kids, so would love to have access to a comfy, adults-only area where we don't have to get there at 6 a.m. and fight crowds to get seating. Vibe sounds perfect.

The problem? We are mere plebians. We are not suite or Haven guests, and we only have one NCL cruise under our belts, so no early boarding for us. I am not sure how NCL determines boarding groups anyway, so any info on that would be helpful.

Do we stand a chance of getting a vibe pass, or will they all be bought by suite guests and others who have priority boarding? Will getting to the port super early help us board earlier, or would we just be waiting around for hours? What time should we get there?

Given that it is October, how high will demand for Vibe passes be, and how cold will it be in Vibe? I am not looking to lay out in a swim suit. Just want a nice, quiet place to sit outside and read or hang out and drink with my husband.

We do have a B1 aft balcony, which will give us some outdoor seating with some protection from the wind, but there's no bartender on our balcony. :-)

I was in a balcony suite, got to the port at 10 or 10:30

Got through security got to boarding area

Boarded the ship and went straight to guest services and got a cabana in the vibe

My husband wasn't with me and I was able to get everything for us.

He was two hours behind me and I told him that we didn't get passes.

Finally came clean that I was able to get a cabana.

Vibe was never full.... Practically empty.

You absolutely stand a chance! Go do your online check in now and choose an early port arrival time.

For our cruise in June, we got to the port at 9:45 and got boarding group 6. I made a beeline to guest services and got vibe passes. On our cruise, they sold out very quickly - cabanas in 5 minutes and passes in 20.

We are normally RCCL cruisers but wanted to try the Getaway in September. Without the Vibe I think we would be unhappy with so many sea days. We definitely would be there early but since we have only cruised NCL a very long ago and very low on the list, I wonder if getting onboard early is even an option - hence our reluctance to book.

It will be cold in NYC in October. I think I had an option of buying a spa pass for the week online before I boarded the Breakaway. It might be a better option for your sailing, since the weather may be iffy. Then you won't have to stress about running on the ship to guest services.