Carnival Triumph-Eastern Carribean

walkswife

WOW - wish that we would have had a Girl Scout cruise (all those years ago). We will be on the same itinerary in 2 months and I can get information for you if you would like on group tours etc.. On our roll-call board there is a link to 2 pages of coupons and some other good information on the ports, etc

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=135583&highlight=triumph+dec

As a troop leader myself (2nd year juniors) I say bless you!!! Our family did this itinerary last year and I can recommend Coki beach in St Thomas for great snorkeling you don't need a tour just get off the ship and there will be van operators looking for business. If I remember right it was $10/pp to Coki. the beach is free, chairs with umbrella $10 and there are restrooms and vendors. St. Maarten just get off the ship and go right or left on the beach pick a spot pay $10 for chair & umbrella and you are set for the day - beach infront of you & shopping (great shopping) behind you. I don't have any recommendations for San Juan. You could just get off and wander around Old City but it's very crowded and I would be nervous about keeping track of the girls. If you are going to do that get off the ship early and get back before dark.

Trunk Bay is in St John....

That might be quite a hike - taxi, ferry,taxi to the beach - for a big group. I also HIGHLY recommend Coki Beach. There is fantastic snorkeling, even though the beach is small. There are nice showers, restrooms, snack bar and aquarium. Plenty to do all in one spot so the girls can be on there own with the adults close by.

That was ALOT of cookies your troop sold!!!

Stacylee is speaking about Coral World which is right next door to Coki Beach. I would recommend paying the entrance fee to Coral World so you have access to all their amenties, not much for older kids to see (touch pool, stingrays, sea turtles and an underwater obsevatory and the usual souvenir stand) but the snack bar & seating area are clean and the showers and restroom are kept clean all day. You get a wristband for your admission fee and can go in and out as you please. Google Coral World VI

Archived