Open Letter to Viking President/CEO Hagen

comcox

If any traveler does not want to go to either of these ports, they have many options to book with other cruise lines or to even choose other itineraries with Viking if they wish.

This is probably the response Mr Hagen will provide to your open letter.

• 2 years later...

So I also was denied the ports in Africa when sailing on January 18. I was informed with no option to delay to another date when Africa would be available OR offered a different cruise OR they could have scheduled a different African Port say Morocco. I agree with the need for safety BUT when they are not delivering the product they are selling I think it is unethical even if it is legal according to the fine print. In fact, I still see the 2 ports on the website as stops. I probably will not be sailing with Viking again.

I think it is a good idea to leave out these ports. Special when one look at the security on Viking. It is so easy for one person to walk in with explosives and weapons. They hardly check you ID cards when you come back to ship.

Huh? We just finished a cruise and we not only had to present our ID's to get onto the ship (and off too, for that matter) but we went through additional security where we had to put purses, bags, coats, etc on a belt ... just like the airport, but we could keep our belts and shoes on!

Your letter is unreasonable in the extreme.

As a future Viking passenger , I am pleased that Viking has adopted "the safety of our passengers is paramount" approach that the vast majority of cruiselines follow.

I will be amazed if many people share the opinions you have expressed in your letter .

Rob

I totally agree with you,on my cruise next week, Venezuela was cancelled and st. Kitts put in the itinerary, not thrilled with the change but appreciate Viking for looking out for their guests.

Huh? We just finished a cruise and we not only had to present our ID's to get onto the ship (and off too, for that matter) but we went through additional security where we had to put purses, bags, coats, etc on a belt ... just like the airport, but we could keep our belts and shoes on!

They see our photo in the system so when they see your card, they probably already know you