Jewels of the Adriatic Report

sjoantwe

We were on the Zuiderdam last week for our cruise 'adriatic Dream'. We really liked the Zuiderdam. Some people say it's ugly, but I like bright colours and we had no issues with the cabin. The food was very good, even in the Lido. Our favourite ports were Valetta (cathedral), Korcula (charming and nice for swimming) and Dubrovnik (especially at night!). Our least favourite ports were Messina and Split. In Messina, there isn't much to see, so it's better to take a tour (to Toarmina for example). And Split was so hot and crowded...

Has anyone just been on this cruise on Zuiderdam? I am looking for the good, the bad and the ugly: lol Ports, dinners, all of it.

We dont sail until Sept 15, so please advise me of your experiences.

Zuiderdam's September 15th sailing is called the 11 day Adriatic Dream.

I am posting this so that others that have done it can help.

Looking at your itinerary,(assuming I have named the right cruise), you have a great itinerary. You have some great ports in Croatia. Dubrovnik , Korcula and Split are all charming.

Looks like a very busy and enjoyable cruise.

We did that cruise in April and really enjoyed it. We thought that Messina was the least favourite port also. I doubt I would get off the ship if we ever went there again. Particularly loved Kotor, Dubrovnik and Venice.

The food was really good - we had anytime dining - and enjoyed most of our meals. Our least favourite dish was the surf and turf on the Gala night.

Our dining room waiters were excellent, as were our room stewards. It was the first cruise after dry dock and I know some people had some problems but everything was good for us.

Have a wonderful cruise.