Is Carnival Breeze looking worn out?

Hi Fellow Cruisers

We live in Texas and have sailed Carnival Magic several times. Recently we heard from friends that the magic is looking it's age...though they still loved it. We are debating between a cruise on Royal's Liberty of the Seas vs Carnival's Breeze. I know...two very different experiences but we have young kids! I understand that Liberty is undergoing a 100 million dollar refurbishment. So i know that ship will look good. Anyhow...if any of you can chime in on how the Breeze's current condition we would appreciate it. Trying to decide which ship for next Aug 2016.

We are debating between grand suite on royal vs 2 balcony cabins on Breeze (family of 5). Obviously the grand suite is $$$ more then the Breeze. Having said that if the Breeze is looking too dated...we would consider paying the extra $$$$. My kids just love the water fun park on Magic...and I know the Breeze has this as well.

Thanks

Edited by ginger123snaps

I can't speak much about liberty as I have never sailed on Royal Caribbean but heard that they were beautiful ships. However, I always sail with Carnival bc my kids love camp carnival and their waterworks. I was just on the Breeze in March and I was very impressed. I would not say that it looked its age at all.

We were just on the Breeze this past May, and it still looks pretty good to me. It's newer than the Magic, so it's had less wear and tear. I'm sure, at some point, like all cruise ships, it will have to go into dry dock for refurbishment. But for now, it's still in pretty good shape. The only place that I noticed some obvious wear and tear was the mini golf area. It could use some attention. Overall, the crew does a good job of keeping everything clean and in good shape.

We sailed Breeze in February and Liberty OTS in April. Breeze is not looking shabby at all. We are sailing her again in September.

Liberty was nice, it was our first cruise on Freedom class. I don't think you can really go wrong with either choice. We loved food on Breeze and Liberty of course has the FlowRider. For kids I'd vote Breeze.

Hi Fellow Cruisers

We live in Texas and have sailed Carnival Magic several times. Recently we heard from friends that the magic is looking it's age...though they still loved it. We are debating between a cruise on Royal's Liberty of the Seas vs Carnival's Breeze. I know...two very different experiences but we have young kids! I understand that Liberty is undergoing a 100 million dollar refurbishment. So i know that ship will look good. Anyhow...if any of you can chime in on how the Breeze's current condition we would appreciate it. Trying to decide which ship for next Aug 2016.

We are debating between grand suite on royal vs 2 balcony cabins on Breeze (family of 5). Obviously the grand suite is $$$ more then the Breeze. Having said that if the Breeze is looking too dated...we would consider paying the extra $$$$. My kids just love the water fun park on Magic...and I know the Breeze has this as well.

Thanks

Just remember, these ships carry thousands of people 24/7/365 until they go into drydock for the major upgrades and additional amenities. They take quite a quite a beating when you stop to think about it.

Been on Liberty of the Seas. Nice ship but not near as much to do for kids as the Breeze. The Florider is fun but because only 2 can go at a time and they rise a while the wait can be long. Not near as fun as the waterslides. Plus Breeze has the thrill theatre.

Hi Fellow Cruisers

Thanks

"Looking too dated!" The Breeze is barely 3 years old. It is still the newest ship in the fleet (until Vista arrives) and is in great shape. I sailed on Breeze last year and it was awesome!

How can it be worn out only 3 years old? :confused:

I'm wondering the same thing. We booked this ship because it's the newest ship in the fleet. I would expect it to still be looking pretty darn good. I mean I get the outdoor areas take a beating from the sun and get worn out faster etc. But geesh! I would expect it to still look nice, it's not old!!

We are currently booked on LOTS for next year, but I started showing DH the pics and deck plans, and he wants us to switch to Breeze or Magic! We have a toddler. FYI, Cruise Critic recently posted a bunch of great pics from Breeze: http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ship...al-breeze-609/

Edited by wampuscat7

thanks everyone for the feedback.....BREEZE it is!!!!

You will not regret it! Sailed on her a couple of years ago on a B2B, our next years cruise is again on her, again a B2B.

Love the ship, it's my favorite one thus far.

I'm going on the Breeze in a month and will let you know upon my return. This will be my 6th. cruise all on Carnival. I've been on some of their older ships and all of them seem to be kept in very good shape. As a matter of fact I went on the Victory which is coming out of drydock back in 2013. Only telltale signs of it's age was the old school CRT TV in my cabin! I was very impressed with the main dining room on the Victory. I asked if that was rennovated on it's own and our waiter said no this is the original interior. It had that stately grand look, I especially liked the ceiling lights. Interestingly enough last year I went on the Conquest which had been in drydock and found it looked spiffy. However, I felt the design of the Monet dining room was sort of ticky tacky. It looked like Elvis's interior decorator went to town. Those strange horseshoe shaped arches made the dining room look smaller than it's actual size. Just my 2 cents. Of course I made new friends and had a fantastic time and the food was delicious as usual.