Freedom of the seas - a quick review 7/19 - 7/26

This was my first cruise on RCI and I was not let down. I enjoyed the layout of the ship and it never felt crowded.

We bought the drink package and enjoyed not worrying about our bill at the end of the week. I felt that the bar service was fine. I know that this a big topic but I always got a drink. Even at the pool there were always people coming around even though i would go to the bar to get a drink. I felt that I broke even with the package but DW didn't.

Food was good but comparable to Carnival. Waiting staff was great in MDR. Did not do any speciality dinning.

Ports were great. They were the main reason we picked this cruise. Never been to Jamaica or Grand Cayman. We did one tour in Jamaica it was the Jamaica culinary tour. It was a great walking tour and we ate at restaurants we would have never discovered.

I felt the shows before dinner were the best part of the cruise. Really enjoyed Once Upon A Time and the ice show.

I was a little disappointed in what was available for us to do after 9:30. We had late dining and didn't find much that interested us. I would say that would be my only complaint.

Fire time - We were on deck 12 at around 9:00 AM when the smoke started. Within a few minutes smoke really started pouring out. DW and I went to the room to grab our passports not knowing what was really going on. As we got in the room the alarm went off. We went to our muster station where we were taken care of very well. Captain gave us updates every little bit. I do not fill that Captain Ron could have handled the situation any better than he did.

Overall had a great cruise and would cruise RCI again if the price is right.

Let me know if you have any questions!

You could smell it in the back staircase. Also on deck 12 and up. It smelt like burnt wire and wet carpet. I don't know if it had gotten better or we were use to it. No smell in my cabin which was inside aft on deck 7

I'm currently staying on deck 12. There is absolutely no residual smell on this deck or any other. Furthermore, you would never know that this ship experienced a fire less than one week ago. I was pretty surprised at how well everything had been "restored!" I'm sure that there are many people on this ship who have no idea that there had even been a fire!

I had friends on Freedom and they got really freaked and never shook it off!

I'm thinking about a cruise on Freedom next spring, and I'm psyched -- I mean, what are the chances that there will be 2 fires on he same cruise ship in a year? ;-)

Edited by Pony Player

This was my first cruise on RCI and I was not let down. I enjoyed the layout of the ship and it never felt crowded.

We bought the drink package and enjoyed not worrying about our bill at the end of the week. I felt that the bar service was fine. I know that this a big topic but I always got a drink. Even at the pool there were always people coming around even though i would go to the bar to get a drink. I felt that I broke even with the package but DW didn't.

Food was good but comparable to Carnival. Waiting staff was great in MDR. Did not do any speciality dinning.

Ports were great. They were the main reason we picked this cruise. Never been to Jamaica or Grand Cayman. We did one tour in Jamaica it was the Jamaica culinary tour. It was a great walking tour and we ate at restaurants we would have never discovered.

I felt the shows before dinner were the best part of the cruise. Really enjoyed Once Upon A Time and the ice show.

I was a little disappointed in what was available for us to do after 9:30. We had late dining and didn't find much that interested us. I would say that would be my only complaint.

Fire time - We were on deck 12 at around 9:00 AM when the smoke started. Within a few minutes smoke really started pouring out. DW and I went to the room to grab our passports not knowing what was really going on. As we got in the room the alarm went off. We went to our muster station where we were taken care of very well. Captain gave us updates every little bit. I do not fill that Captain Ron could have handled the situation any better than he did.

Overall had a great cruise and would cruise RCI again if the price is right.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for taking the time. What a week to be on Freedom for the firs time! Glad everyone was safe. Speaking of the culinary tour, that was a walking tour, did it go outside the gated compound into Fallmouth?