Tours in South America

LewiLewi

Does anyone have info on private tours in Buenos Aires; Puerto Monte; Ushuaia; Montevideo? Will be on the Rotterdam in Dec. Are we better off booking tours with HAL than on our own. We would alo like to visit Iguassu Falls but it seems very expensive with the cruise ship.

Thanks

I agree that there is so much information on the South America board regarding different tours. I do know that quite a few people have used southstar tours and portcompass but you do need a few couples for it to work out at a reasonable rate.

Jennie

We will be on NCL Crown December 4th. I will have to look up and see if our paths will cross.

The latest Elderhostel listed a land tour including Iguazzu Falls with air starting at $5000+. Too much road time and unpacking. I do enjoy the evenings as the ship sails. Aah....time is finally getting closer.

Blessings,

Gail

Hi again,

Actually our paths do cross...possibly as ships in the night. We are heading West on 12/11from Ushuia to Punta Arenas while the Rotterdam is heading East to Ushuia from Punta Arenas. We are trading ports. I think that is what I read. Didn't copy it.

To check it out go to cruisecal.com and follow the prompts. Doesn't appear that any other ship will be in port with the Rotterdam. We share two with the Silver Cloud.

Blessings,

Gail

Archived