toilets in Ephesus?

crazy4cruisn

Are there Western style toilets in Ephesus or are they all "Turkish style"? I had heard that it was easier for women to wear skirts there as they did not have Western style toilets, but I thought I remembered that there were.

Also, do women have to wear skirts in the mosques? How about head coverings?

They have both western style and Turkish style toilets at various places in Ephesus, and you're expected to pay a small fee at all. The joke is "W.C." means "with cash." If you'll send me your e-mail address to dcordell@swbell.net, I'll send you a picture my daughter thought was so funny having to do with the public toilets at Ephesus.

As for head coverings at mosques, as I remember, you should wear them. But I don't think skirts are required.

I don't recall having to cover my head at any mosques, and definitely you don't have to wear a skirt, but bare shoulders aren't allowed & they will provide you with something to cover up if you show up in a tank top. Also, you (both genders) almost always have to remove your shoes & leave them outside (a guard usually watches them) so we bring along those little bootie type things they give you on airplanes and slip them on over our socks. I always bring my own toilet paper for the toilets too, as it either isn't provided or isn't enough! :eek:

The original stone crappers from his holiness time, pretty much adjacent to the ampitheater he prostelitized from. They were pretty advanced for their time (connected to the storm water discharge system) but are not used today - so don't get any ideas!

Archived