Elbow Beach

Nana57

Haven't been to Bermuda in about 5 years. Does Elbow Beach offer any rentals for outsiders such as Umbrella and Chairs? I saw that there is a shore excursion that Celebrity offers to go there, but would prefer to go on our own.

Haven't been to Bermuda in about 5 years. Does Elbow Beach offer any rentals for outsiders such as Umbrella and Chairs? I saw that there is a shore excursion that Celebrity offers to go there, but would prefer to go on our own.

I'm really surprised that Celebrity is offering an excursion to Elbow Beach. i can't recall any cruise line doing that in recent memory, if ever. They generally all offer excursions to Horseshoe Bay.

Elbow Beach Hotel doesn't directly have rentals for outsiders, and the last we saw a report here there wasn't a vendor offering chair rentals on the public portion of Elbow Beach this year. There is a company operating on the internet, resortforaday.com that was offering Elbow Beach chair rentals for $49 per person that is apparently sanctioned by the hotel, but it has to be booked and paid for in advance on their website.

Edited by njhorseman

I'm really surprised that Celebrity is offering an excursion to Elbow Beach. i can't recall any cruise line doing that in recent memory, if ever. They generally all offer excursions to Horseshoe Bay.

Elbow Beach Hotel doesn't directly have rentals for outsiders, and the last we saw a report here there wasn't a vendor offering chair rentals on the public portion of Elbow Beach this year. There is a company operating on the internet, resortforaday.com that was offering Elbow Beach chair rentals for $49 per person that is apparently sanctioned by the hotel, but it has to be booked and paid for in advance on their website.

They really are offering one. It is $99.00 for six hours. It includes beach chair and umbrella. Transportation there and back. And a bottled water. The resortforaday.com sounds like a better deal......

Edited by Charles4515

If we just show up at the hotel and ask for chairs, umbrellas do you know how much they charge for the day?

Did you read the answers already posted to your question? They have not been offering rentals directly to outsiders. None has reported being able to rent directly from them. Maybe none has bothered to just show up. You could try it and report back. Or perhaps you might phone them and ask directly.......

Years ago the vendor who did water sports for the hotel rented chairs but you had to keep them away from where the hotel guests had their chairs. The hotel was pretty unfriendly to those who were not guests. There has been a change in management. That might account for the third party website mentioned above for $49. I suspect that the Celebrity excursion is also dealing with the hotel since where would the chairs and umbrellas come from? No doubt the hotel would want to manage the amount of outsiders using their facilities. They would not want to have their hotel guests upset with a lot of non guests at their beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Elbow Bay Resort does offer chairs and umbrellas for the day and you can purchase at the resort. It is $75 per person and does not include use of the pool. I spoke directly with the resort to confirm these details. You can also buy from resortforaday.

Elbow Bay Resort does offer chairs and umbrellas for the day and you can purchase at the resort. It is $75 per person and does not include use of the pool. I spoke directly with the resort to confirm these details. You can also buy from resortforaday.

Can you just show up or do they want people to contact them and make a reservation?

I was told that you could just show up- spoke with the concierge and with the person in charge of the "beach hut". They also accept the Resort For a Day passes that are $45 vs their price of $75.

I was told that you could just show up- spoke with the concierge and with the person in charge of the "beach hut". They also accept the Resort For a Day passes that are $45 vs their price of $75.

$75 is for 2 chairs and umbrella, not per person.

Just contacted Elbow Beach Hotel. 2 Chairs and Umbrella $75. Thinking of taking the ferry to Hamilton then a taxi to Elbow Beach Hotel. We've been to Horseshoe Bay many times and want to try Elbow this time.