Celebrity chefs on eclipse

shot2bits

Just discovered that Adam Simmonds and Robert Thompson are on board for the 30th August Med cruise. Can I expect the MDR to be transformed? What usually happens when Michelin star chefs are on board?

Don't hold your breath on the MDR menu being transformed.

Most likely the chefs are on board for cookery demonstrations, which will definitely be a step up from some of the more standard cookery classes.

I am intrigued by their presence, as Celebrity haven't been near celebrated chefs since the days of Michel Roux. Those were the days when Celebrity's food ruled the seas!

Don't hold your breath on the MDR menu being transformed.

Most likely the chefs are on board for cookery demonstrations, which will definitely be a step up from some of the more standard cookery classes.

I am intrigued by their presence, as Celebrity haven't been near celebrated chefs since the days of Michel Roux. Those were the days when Celebrity's food ruled the seas!

Last year when they did pastry demos,my partner, who is a pastry chef, ended up showing some of the spectators how to do some of the simple tasks. The main reason was the pastry chef doing the demos was too quick & also his accent was tough for some to understand.Personally, I'd love to have my partner do one of these demos.

Quite a few years ago, we were on Millennium when they had a celebrity chef on board, and he did do one entree of his own on the first formal night. I have no idea if they would still do this.

Quite a few years ago, we were on Millennium when they had a celebrity chef on board, and he did do one entree of his own on the first formal night. I have no idea if they would still do this.

I guess it depends on whether they are on their own vacation or doing a speaking tour.