New Sun Cruise Destinations

NW Pacific

Need information to look up Puerto Levantado Dominican Republic, can't seem to find that destination???? Also best place for infor on Tortola, am looking into the Cruise from miami on Feb 4th. Any insight on the Jewell vs the Sun for Eastern Carib. cruise from Miami? The Sun is pricing out more economical, but need advice on the ports of call. Any good input will be appreciated.

For Tortola information go to the ports a call right here on CC. We love Tortol and Vigin Gorta, probably our favorite place in the Caribben. I don't know much about DR. We have been there a few times but it has been quite a while. As for the Sun versus the Jewel. Of course the Jewel is nice and new and shiney, plus a wonderful experience, but I love the Sun. I like the lay out of the cabins better on the Sun, but the storage and baths better on the Jewel. The dining options are similar, with the Sun's tapa bar being much better, but they do not have the Blue Lagoon which became our favorite for snacks and a quite bite to eat. The decor on the Jewel is much more electric and exciting.

Either ship should prove to be a pleasant experience.

NMNita

Cayo Levantado is actually a small island about a half hour by boat out of the port of Samana. All I know is the island is supposed to be beatiful and the setting for Bacardi rum commercials 20 or 30 years ago. My guess would be the Sun will dock in Samana and the excursions will depart from there.

Cruise ships to Samana

"Bahia Cruise Service, a new company that seeks to attract cruise lines to the DR, announced it has reached an agreement with Norwegian Cruise Lines and Mediterranean Shipping Company for 33 cruise ship visits in Samana this winter season. He said the plans are to start with ships with capacity for 1,700 and 2,000 passengers. Nadim Peguero Bezi, Samana representative of the company, said that they expect 60,000 tourists in the first year. He explained that the cruise ships would dock at a point that is equidistant between Cayo Levantado and Samana." DR1 Travel News

This is the exclusive company for tours off of Cayo Levantado. More will be offered from Samana, I'm sure. Tenders to get to either. The ship anchors between the two destinations. Not sure how the tendering will be set up....

Archived