"Secret" forward decks on Valor?

Seago2

Does anyone know which deck(s) have the "secret" forward area? I really enjoyed it on Glory and I'm about to book an interior so will really want to book forward on that deck. They don't show up on a deck plan. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance-

It should be the same on Valor since Glory and Valor are both Conquest class ships.

I know but I can't remember what deck it was on Glory, and I think it was two decks. I know one went out on a bridge wing so common sense would tell me it's the deck above the bridge but I could swear there were two secret decks. I just want to be prepared when I book.

I know but I can't remember what deck it was on Glory, and I think it was two decks. I know one went out on a bridge wing so common sense would tell me it's the deck above the bridge but I could swear there were two secret decks. I just want to be prepared when I book.

Sorry, I edited my post to add the deck 7 location. The Valor I believe has the Captain's Suite cabins above the bridge wings (deck 9).

Does anyone know which deck(s) have the "secret" forward area? I really enjoyed it on Glory and I'm about to book an interior so will really want to book forward on that deck. They don't show up on a deck plan. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance-

I believe the Valor would be identical to the Glory. Both ships have had the "secret" areas removed on the lido deck in favor of the category 6J and 6K scenic ocean view and deluxe scenic ocean view.

When you say "book an interior," do you mean a 4J that looks out onto the "secret" area? If you look at the deck plans, those with 4J "interior with walkway view" would be those with the not-so-secret area you're referring to.

Sorry, I edited my post to add the deck 7 location. The Valor I believe has the Captain's Suite cabins above the bridge wings (deck 9).

Ok, thank you. Do you think deck 7 is the only one? I know I sailed some Carnival ship that had two. Thank you so much-

Ok, thank you. Do you think deck 7 is the only one? I know I sailed some Carnival ship that had two. Thank you so much-

We've only been on deck 7 but as I recall, there were stairs that went down to deck 6. I'm someone here can confirm or refute that. ;)

Just looked it up myself since I was curious. Decks 6, 7, and 10 on the Valor have "interior with picture window facing public observation deck" cabins, so there's your answer. Like I said, deck 9 has been converted with those special forward cabins, and, of course, deck 8 is the bridge.

I believe the Valor would be identical to the Glory. Both ships have had the "secret" areas removed on the lido deck in favor of the category 6J and 6K scenic ocean view and deluxe scenic ocean view.

When you say "book an interior," do you mean a 4J that looks out onto the "secret" area? If you look at the deck plans, those with 4J "interior with walkway view" would be those with the not-so-secret area you're referring to.

I'm not talking about an OV that looks into the secret area. I'm talking about booking a regular interior, forward on that deck, and being able to drink my coffee out there and watch sailaways, etc. So hopefully it is deck 7 because I'm about to book :)

I'm not talking about an OV that looks into the secret area. I'm talking about booking a regular interior, forward on that deck, and being able to drink my coffee out there and watch sailaways, etc. So hopefully it is deck 7 because I'm about to book :)

Here's photo (sorry about the quality) of that deck 7 forward area on Freedom - you can see the stairs going down to deck 6. So, if you're looking for an interior that is close to this deck 7 outside area, you are in the right place.

FreedomSecretDeckEmpress.jpg

I was just on Valor last week and know for sure deck 10 has a "secret deck"cause I spent a little time there one morning. I had written down decks 3,5, 6 and 10 from my research on CC before my cruise but didn't go to the others. Deck 3 outside of guest services was a perfect place to watch pier runners!

My point was that's how you can tell where the secret walkways are on the deck plans--by looking for the category 4J's. Any deck that has those 4J's also has the secret decks.

I only asked because if you were booking one because we just had one on the Breeze. I won't book one again, though...back to balconies for me unless we sail on Freedom, Glory, Valor, Conquest, or Sunshine and can score another

6K deluxe scenic ocean view.

Have a great cruise!

Here's photo (sorry about the quality) of that deck 7 forward area on Freedom - you can see the stairs going down to deck 6. So, if you're looking for an interior that is close to this deck 7 outside area, you are in the right place.

FreedomSecretDeckEmpress.jpg

Do those windows open? Or are they just to let light in?

Just looked it up myself since I was curious. Decks 6, 7, and 10 on the Valor have "interior with picture window facing public observation deck" cabins, so there's your answer. Like I said, deck 9 has been converted with those special forward cabins, and, of course, deck 8 is the bridge.

This is correct -- 6, 7, and 10.

Do those windows open? Or are they just to let light in?

I believe that window you see adjacent to the stairs is the window for the cat 4J cabin 7205. I also doubt that it opens.

Edited by joepeka

If I recall correctly, the "secret" deck on Valor deck 10 is one of the largest we've ever been on. This was due to the addition of the Captain's Suites and some changes below. They had a number of lounge chairs up there with ample space. Our own private sun deck :D no one else ever came out there!