Kid's club on Allure ?

I have seen little to no mention of the kid's clubs on Allure. I'm a little worried that our 9yr old (turns 10 the day we get off the ship) will not be as entertained/happy as in the Disney clubs. Can anyone tell me something, anything to give us hope that this will be a good experience for him!? What kind of activities do they have? Were your little people having FUN? I need fun stories to tell him, he thinks it's going to be horrid compared to DCL. (he has no interest in the character type meet & greets)

I can't really reassure you too much, DD would say it's nowhere near as good as DCL. I'd have to agree with her, we sandwiched Allure between the Disney Magic and Disney Fantasy and I'd have to agree the kids club on Allure didn't really compare. She was 8, almost 9, at the time.

That said, she did have fun. She tried to convince us she wouldn't, and didn't want to go at first, but there were a number of times we'd agree she'd go in for a few hours, and when I went to pick her up she wanted to stay.

They played games, did different activities, did some crafts, etc. She had a good time... just make sure you don't oversell it.

Lots to sell on the Allure besides the kids club though, absolutely amazing ship! DD had a blast overall.

I think most of the kids club programming is similar across the fleet ... My 4 and 8.5 year olds had a blast on navigator and cannot wait to go on another cruise! Every 3 hr session had plenty to do - a science experiment, a craft, a sport, games etc in each block...on our cruise the explorers and voyagers were merged together often but it was clear to me whenever we tried to pick up that they were always having a blast and no kid ever really wanted to leave! They were always throwing the self signers out at 10pm and they would all be bummed that it was time to go - these kids could have signed themselves out anytime if they weren't having fun!

Hard to believe you have to convince your ten year old that a cruise vacation on the biggest cruise ship in the world won't be a horrid experience. I would offer to leave him home with someone if he doesn't want to go.

We have a cruise coming up on the Oasis so I have no first hand knowledge but reading through some of the flyers and compasses from old cruises there seems to be a lot to do. We have been on Disney twice and that is just a unique kids club experience. I like all the family activities they offer of RCCL like the disco, science time, movies...I am excited to do some activities together with my daughters.

I can't really reassure you too much, DD would say it's nowhere near as good as DCL. I'd have to agree with her, we sandwiched Allure between the Disney Magic and Disney Fantasy and I'd have to agree the kids club on Allure didn't really compare. She was 8, almost 9, at the time.

That said, she did have fun. She tried to convince us she wouldn't, and didn't want to go at first, but there were a number of times we'd agree she'd go in for a few hours, and when I went to pick her up she wanted to stay.

They played games, did different activities, did some crafts, etc. She had a good time... just make sure you don't oversell it.

Lots to sell on the Allure besides the kids club though, absolutely amazing ship! DD had a blast overall.

This is surprising. We are going on Allure for the first time next spring so can't say from experience, but I've read so many other comments that the kids club on Allure, and any RCL ship for that matter is really great...Have read that it is so much better than Disney as it's more organized wtih age appropriate activities (rather than all kids in one spot). I think the one downside is that it does close at certain times (like over lunch)

we just got off the allure. We took our 7 and 9 yr old for a grand total of 4 hours in the kids club.

first day, they wanted to stay up and enjoyed the games of 'flinch, gaga ball, etc..' the same games they also remembered on the disney cruise.

My daughter was 9 and son was 7 and they let her 'drop down' into the 6-8 group. I'm glad she did because the 9-11 group seemed to have more kids close to 11.

They said, when they were dropped off, they would have free time and would play soccer with the other kids in the indoor space. Also there were a few computers they could go on and play normal games, which they enjoyed.

They had a movie/pj night one day, but we had to miss it because we would've missed 'how to train a dragon' ice show

My kids feel the kids club in the disney cruise was about the same.

Also, this kids club had parented projects, such as science experiments which my kids loved, but we had to do them with them.

Most of the time, we would be off the boat for most of the day and then once we ate dinner, the kids club offered to pick up the kids from the restaurant just like disney, but we didn't use it, because we always had something to do on the boat.

Hope this helps

This is surprising. We are going on Allure for the first time next spring so can't say from experience, but I've read so many other comments that the kids club on Allure, and any RCL ship for that matter is really great...Have read that it is so much better than Disney as it's more organized wtih age appropriate activities (rather than all kids in one spot). I think the one downside is that it does close at certain times (like over lunch)

It's not that there's anything wrong with the Allure or RCCL's kid's activities, it's just that for a kid who really enjoyed what Disney had to offer (multiple massive rooms with a dozen different zones for different activities) I believe Allure will fall somewhat flat. Of course, there are a number of factors. How crowded the space is on your sailing is probably a big one. For kids who get overwhelmed by being around too many other kids, I can see how they wouldn't like Disney at all.

But OP stated her son loved Disney kids clubs and was looking for a comparison. Allure simply does not offer what the Disney ships do.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the Allure or RCCL's kid's activities, it's just that for a kid who really enjoyed what Disney had to offer (multiple massive rooms with a dozen different zones for different activities) I believe Allure will fall somewhat flat. Of course, there are a number of factors. How crowded the space is on your sailing is probably a big one. For kids who get overwhelmed by being around too many other kids, I can see how they wouldn't like Disney at all.

But OP stated her son loved Disney kids clubs and was looking for a comparison. Allure simply does not offer what the Disney ships do.

Thanks for explaining. We've done the Disney kids club (well, DS did....DD could only go during open house hours as she was under 3). They did quite enjoy it, and we'll see for ourselves how they like the one on Allure. Not planning on having them there too much anyways as I'd like us to spend time together as a family doing stuff. I'm sure both are great in their own ways.

Thanks....I was about to post something similar. My kids are 6 and 9 and are wanting to know what sort of things on offer.

Time will be limited as so much to do/see so I am going to have the kids club as a bonus.

I was a Youth director on Carnival- 11 years ago..and have always dreamed of taking my kids on a cruise so this will be nice to be on the other side!!!

I can't wait....we go on the 9th...next week!! (So can report back lots of info on our return)