Changing cabins on a NCL UK booking?

SullytheBFG

We booked 2 weeks on the Escape for January 2016 early this year. It was booked directly with NCL and is a UK booking.

Prices have changed and have gone down, does anyone have experience of changing a cabin booking?

The reason I ask is we have one balcony booked and one oceanview. The oceanview is for my Mum as single occupancy and she is right at the front of the ship a long distance from our balcony cabin. The balcony cabin is now less than an oceanview.

We have only paid the £200 each deposit and have the UBP included which is still a current offer.

thanks in advance.

I have only successfully upgraded a UK booking, when I enquired about 'doing a US' and rebooking at lower price it would've meant forfeiting my deposit.

Most times I book through the US or EU site now (make sure you bear in mind the currency conversion charge with your CC).

Thanks for your reply I am not really looking for a reduction in the price just being able to change the oceanview to a balcony and move Mum nearer us. Also she is miles away from the lifts and has some walking difficulties now.

Thanks for your reply I am not really looking for a reduction in the price just being able to change the oceanview to a balcony and move Mum nearer us. Also she is miles away from the lifts and has some walking difficulties now.

I'd ring and ask to upgrade to a balcony, it should be possible.

ring or email - i rebooked under a different offer, forfeited deposit but the prices were lower so it worked out cheaper overall. This sounds like a upgrade - but also play on the poorer health card too. I find the cruise consulatants really helpful in the uk usually.

I called and they can only use the pricing at the time of booking, they wanted another £500 to change to a balcony which is too much.

I did look at cancelling and rebooking but it didn't really work.

Oh well, they were quite helpful though!