How Does Magic Compare to Breeze

abisha

Would like to know what differences are between the Magic and Breeze. I cruised on Breeze and loved it.

I know Magic doesn't have Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana, which wouldn't be deal breakers for me.

Are those the only things missing?

I love the Tandoori Grill on the Magic. It is out by the aft pool. Hidden but once people find it, it is crazy busy. They really do make authentic Indian food. Each day the menu changes with some basics each day... lunch only.

My husband loved Guys on the Freedom, so if we ever go back on the Magic that will be a big deal for him. I do hope they add that during the upgrades next year(We are on the Glory at the end of the month which has Guys).

The Ropes course and gigantic kids pool/slide area were always busy on the Magic. If you like that kind of thing, be aware. Get there early in day. We also thought the Magic's pool area seemed packed and party-hearty every day. Might just be the Texas crowd, but it was never quiet out there.

I love the Tandoori Grill on the Magic. It is out by the aft pool. Hidden but once people find it, it is crazy busy. They really do make authentic Indian food. Each day the menu changes with some basics each day... lunch only.

My husband loved Guys on the Freedom, so if we ever go back on the Magic that will be a big deal for him. I do hope they add that during the upgrades next year(We are on the Glory at the end of the month which has Guys).

The Ropes course and gigantic kids pool/slide area were always busy on the Magic. If you like that kind of thing, be aware. Get there early in day. We also thought the Magic's pool area seemed packed and party-hearty every day. Might just be the Texas crowd, but it was never quiet out there.

Thanks for the info. When is the Magic slated for upgrades. Any idea what those upgrades will be? I am assuming it might get Guy's and Blue Iguana for food venues.

I loved the design of the Breeze.

We absolutely loved both ships, and honestly the only thing that I would have missed on the Magic if we'd cruised the Breeze first would have been Guy's. To be honest, I just can't remember what else is missing, but if not having Guys or Blue Iguana is not going to be a deal-breaker, then I'm betting you'll have a fantastic time!

Understand it is not getting Guys this time around

says who? (honest inquiry)... i'd be shocked if it didn't get guys... especially since this will be its first drydock, and that would put implementation of the same off by 5 years if not included. as the 2nd newest ship in the fleet currently, as i said, i would be shocked if it were not added unless they intend to abandon the concept (like EA sports bar), which i've heard nothing about...

Understand it is not getting Guys this time around

It hasn't been said anywhere that Magic isn't getting Guys. I really hate when people go around around say things when they have no FACTS to back it up. Since one blog says they have no deck space for it but its the same ship as the Breeze. Until Carnival says yes or no NO BODY knows.

Its funny to see this post as the Lido Deck set-up and amenities mean a lot to my family and another family we've cruised with over the past 4 years. We've sailed the Breeze 4 times in two years and I was shocked this past week to learn the Magic does not have a Guys, Blue Iguana Cantina, Blue Iguana Bar and a Red Frog on the Lido deck. I know its petty, but these amentias do add a lot for us. What I did learn as we are looking at doing a B2B on the Magic next summer is that the Magic is going into dry-dock (AS OF NOW) mid February 2016 to 1st week of March. This is posted on line just google it.

Now according to my PVP with Carnival who we've booked with since 2001, she's almost positive these amenities will be add to the Magic. As she said they are "brand name staples" of Carnival now. That's her words and her opinion, can that change, yes, but its something I've heard from a decent source. The Magic doesn't have a thrill theater either which my kids love. Have a good one everyone and happy cruising.

Rich

Magic does not have Bonsai Sushi, which I am looking forward to trying on the Breeze. She does have a full Red Frog Pub with pub grub and live entertainment as well as a lovely outdoor space. We have sailed the Magic many times and while I miss Guy's, I love the Magic.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed the Magic 3 times and the Breeze once. For DH Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina are the deal breaker. Personally, I prefer the color scheme on the Magic (blues and tans) compared to the pale, pale yellow that is everywhere on the Breeze. The whole thing looks like a stick of butter inside.

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed the Magic 3 times and the Breeze once. For DH Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina are the deal breaker. Personally, I prefer the color scheme on the Magic (blues and tans) compared to the pale, pale yellow that is everywhere on the Breeze. The whole thing looks like a stick of butter inside.

"...stick of butter inside."

LOL :)

Was on the Magic last year and loved it. Will be on the Breeze next year and i cant wait! All the extras that the Breeze has that the Magic doesnt makes me excited! I have a feeling i'll like the Breeze more! was on the dream earlier this month and i did not like it as much as i did the Magic. REALLY missed the RFP! but the Lido deck seemed bigger, which i liked compared to the Magic.

Really excited to have the Blue Iguana Cantina! the food looks and sounds delish!! and since we'll have our son with us on this cruise (he was with us on the magic, not with us on the dream) we're looking forward to the Thrills Theater!

• 3 weeks later...
According to Carnival's website it DOES NOT have the Blue Iguana Cantina or Guy's. It DOES have a burrito bar though.

I went on the Breeze in April 2014 and am thinking the Magic will be just like the Dream which I went on in 2011.

its not. just got off Dream last month. we liked the Magic better. Dream doesnt have Red Frog Pub. it has blue iguana cantina and red frog rum bar.

Oh good I really liked the Red Frog Pub on the Breeze. However, the staff in there was really unfriendly every time we went so I'm hoping for better staff this time.

Wow! We did not have that experience on the Breeze. We hit the Red Frog Pub almost every evening for some pub grub and mojitos. We always shared the pub grub since it was just a small snack to hold us until late dinner. Love the Coconut Shrimp!

All those Bars, Guys, Cantina's etc came online after Magic went into service in 2011. Next February she will get her first dry dock, so pretty positive that she will get all those amenities as well or most of them.

Maybe.....maybe not! Seems that there is really no "FULL 2.0" upgrades any more.

The Victory just went through her 2.0 upgrade in April (I think) and she did not get a Guys, Blue Iguana or Red Frog. They did convert the wine bar to the Alchemy Bar and the EA Sports Bar to the Skybox Bar. Those to updates and some new carpet is about all that happened.

Similar pick and choose 2.0 upgrades were done on the Miracle. So...it seems that rolling out the "full 2.0 upgrades fleet wide" is not necessarily so! :o

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! We did not have that experience on the Breeze. We hit the Red Frog Pub almost every evening for some pub grub and mojitos. We always shared the pub grub since it was just a small snack to hold us until late dinner. Love the Coconut Shrimp!

Yeah it was strange. They were a bit stand offish which is so unlike most of the staff.

When did the dream get the Fun 2.0? I am almost positive that it didn’t have Guys when I cruised it in 2011. The only thing that I’ll miss is the Burritos from Blue Iguana. =(