What's the earliest you've got off Getaway?

ggg196078

Trying to get Idea the earliest you can get off ship doing "walk off with baggage" and through customs?

Will time will you think I will be outside getting a cab.

I flirting with booking a early flight from Miami. 9:30am.

I wouldn't chance it - you'd be cutting it close. We walked off by 7:45 last month, walked right up to customs, got a taxi immediately - took 15-20 minutes to get checked in at the airport - then got to the security line - it was a mess and took at least 45 minutes. I hadn't seen that long of a line in quite a while. If there was a later flight I'd try it. (and I'm not one to sit in an airport if I don't have to)

we just got off yesterday at 730am on the dot as a walk off, but we were in Haven, and there was already a HUGE line formed that we were able to cut right to the front of.

would NOT chance a 930 flight.

We also got off yesterday and did the self carry walk off. They said it would be from 7:30-8:15 and it started right at 7:30. To piggy back on what the above poster said, though, that HUGE line, held us up at the gangway. They had to wait for the customs area to clear before they started the line up again. We were at the FLL airport through security and at our gate by 9:30 am though! So, for Miami, (considering you don't need to shuttle to FLL as we did) I suppose you COULD make it, but I personally wouldn't try it.

My DW and I left our stateroom as soon as they called walk offs and no kidding we took the elevator down to the disembarked deck and when we got there there were no lines, so we kept walking and we didn't have to pause till we got over to customs and we were there only for a minute. Honestly we were from our room to the street in 5 minutes.

I would never bet on that. We usually figure 30 minutes to an hour to be safe.

Last June we were the first group off with self carry and were in a taxi by 7:35. No problems at all. Have that same 9:30 flight scheduled again for later this year on the Escape, hoping it goes as smoothly this time around as well! Good Luck!