I'm Still Early Saver...Right?

GatorGirl57

I booked a cruise a couple of days ago in a 1A with Early Saver. Today, during their 24 hour sale, I saw I saved $100 by switching to an interior guarantee. I still have Early Saver for future price drops, correct??

Last year I booked early saver and this "Halloween Special" happened to come along and I was able to get the drop and not lose my early saver.

Not from what I understand. My cruise has a $360 drop today to go to Inside Guarantee but I will not take it because I am on a b2b with same cabin and was told before that when you price match to a guarantee now, you lose your ES.

With the same cruise I spoke above- I was doing a B2B and I did lose my cabin number on my first leg but Carnival was so wonderful and still put my B2B in the same cabin but also got a free upgrade!

Edited by PC Cruisin

This is one example of how you can get two different answers from two different people to the same question. Last fall, I was on the conquest, booked early saver, and submitted for a price drop under a guarantee rate. I called my PVP when the price dropped again, and she spoke to a supervisor and said This is the last time you can get a price drop. Well, guess what, the price dropped again so I just called directly to the 800 number and they approved my price drop. I ended up with an OV cabin for $299 that cruise. That was October 2014. Fun Cruise too!

This is one example of how you can get two different answers from two different people to the same question. Last fall, I was on the conquest, booked early saver, and submitted for a price drop under a guarantee rate. I called my PVP when the price dropped again, and she spoke to a supervisor and said This is the last time you can get a price drop. Well, guess what, the price dropped again so I just called directly to the 800 number and they approved my price drop. I ended up with an OV cabin for $299 that cruise. That was October 2014. Fun Cruise too!

Thanks for the example. Eases my mind.

How could you price match when you do not have an assigned room? I thought with ES you had to price match to the exact category that you are in. It would be impossible to price match to your room and category if you are in a guarantee room with no room assignment.

How could you price match when you do not have an assigned room? I thought with ES you had to price match to the exact category that you are in. It would be impossible to price match to your room and category if you are in a guarantee room with no room assignment.

The price of the guarantee had dropped. Since I was originally booked early saver, they let me have the lower price. I have heard that they do not always allow others to do this, but it worked for me.