Newbie question

Bellabananas

How do we know when our room is ready? I know that we have to wait to drop off our carry ons until the room is ready but I have no idea how we would know that. Thanks!

You don't technically need to wait to drop your carry ons off. Rooms are normally ready around 1-2. Depending on when you get on the ship just go to the deck you're on and check the doors to see if they are open to the hallway. If they are then you're good, if not wait a little while.

How do we know when our room is ready? I know that we have to wait to drop off our carry ons until the room is ready but I have no idea how we would know that. Thanks!

Unless you have FTTF or are Platinum or Diamond, you shouldn't be going to your room until after 1:30PM. That's when the doors usually open. There will be signs on the doors to the hallway cabins asking you to abide by the rule.

When passengers other than those allowed start getting into the hallways, the stewards are slowed down in their changeover routine from the previous sailing. Please don't get in their way, let the cruise start off as scheduled.

Thanks. I remember having to go to some desk on my last cruise (years ago) and stand in line with oodles of other people. I hadn't noticed anyone complaining about that so I knew that wasn't the case with Carnival. And I was totally going to force my way in and force the room stewards to interrupt their work, so glad I know now not to do that. [emoji57]

Thanks. I remember having to go to some desk on my last cruise (years ago) and stand in line with oodles of other people. I hadn't noticed anyone complaining about that so I knew that wasn't the case with Carnival. And I was totally going to force my way in and force the room stewards to interrupt their work, so glad I know now not to do that. [emoji57]
Welcome to cruise critic, where you can get reprimanded for something you weren't planning on doing anyway, just because you asked a question. Kudos for the comeback. You'll fit it well here. :-)