cave tubing / aerial trek combo?

campboo

We'll be in Belize late November on RC Legend, and I'm looking for feedback on the cave tubing / aerial trek combo tour, since both cave tubing and zipline sound like a great time. We'd love to do the combo, but not if it is just a taste of each activity, rather than the full-blown experience. Also, I've only seen the combo listed one place, through the cruise ship. Any feedback is much appreciated.

We just got back from the Explorer of the Seas 9/11 cruise. I had heard great things about Nacho and Cynthia so we booked just the ariel trek with them. They were awesome! They picked us up right on time, took my family of 4 to the ariel trek place near Jaguar Paw resort. They stayed with us the whole time and had lots of interesting info about Belize to share with us. The Zip line was great and the lunch in the air conditioned restaurant at the resort was a very welcome relief from the heat and humidity. We toured the resort and would have had plenty of time for the cave tubing, but we didn't bring our suits. Instead we stopped at the zoo, so my animal loving daughter could see the jaguers, which are native to Belize. If you do the combo with Nacho, it would not be a sampler of the two activities, but the real deal. I would highly recommend them.

Lisa

It seems that there are two different locations in Belize that offer the zipline/aerial tours: jaguar park, which is near the caves, and big hill station. Is this correct? I've read different descriptions of the zipline tours at the two places. Can anyone compare/contrast them? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the guides in Belize sell this combo on www.*****

hope this helps........

I too want to do this trip. I did see it listed on Princess' site a couple of months back, but once they updated it for the fall cruises it was taken off. I contacted some of the tour operators mentioned in this board, but they all said it takes too much time and it gets rushed. Most don't offer it because of the time issue.

We travel in December and would love to hear from you if you happen to take the tour.

I've been e-mailing with Nacho and he says that as long as we get off the ship as early as possible we can do the full combo tour. We're on the RC Legend that is in Belize 7am - 5pm Nov 30, 2005. So we're gonna do it, and I'll post a review once we're back. I'm looking forward to this the most of anything on our cruise.

These are very good guides. They will take very good care of you and Nacho checks his watch all the time to make sure you'll be back at the ship on time. Lunch at the Jaguar Paw was great. The air conditioning and quite atmosphere was great for conversation. He will tailor his tour to meet your interests. I was a little nervous about booking privately, but I had a really good experience. :)

We just returned from Belize last week and did the cave tubing/aerial trek combo with Nacho and Cynthia. They had a large group that day (12 or so) and although we got off the boat early some others didn't. This delayed us about 45 - 60 minutes and we were still able to get both tours (the full deal), lunch at Jaguar Paw, short tour of the resort and back to the pier with over an hour to spare. We also received very personalized attention and were able to ask questions like a little kid receiving excellent answers along the way.

From what I could tell there is only one place to do the aeiral trek and cave tubing. The difference for the cave tubing is the actual caves you get to tube and where you get dropped in the water. We were able to tube one additional cave with Nacho and Cynthia than we would have with the Carnival tour. Also, our small group stated together and we were all able to return and not have to wait for everyone on the bus.

My DW was very aprehensive during the aerial trek (she is not a big thrill seeker) and almost chickened out on the 2nd platform. She didn't and is very glad that she did not as she enjoyed herself very much. For me it was fun and I enjoyed it but like to walk on the wild side and to me it was kind of tame with little or no chance of danger.

Sounds like the combo tour is going to be great! We are both pretty adventurous (My main hobby is flying trapeze) and have done zipline tours in Hawaii which we loved. So far we are the only ones signed up for Nacho's combo tour on 11/30/05, and I think it will be the highlight of our cruise. (Of course, all the other excursions I've chosen at the other ports have been ranked by someone on these boards as "the highlight of their trip".) Overall, I'm anticipating a fabulous first-cruise experience. Thanks for your feedback. It adds to our excitement to know that others have enjoyed the same activities we are planning.

It seems that there are two different locations in Belize that offer the zipline/aerial tours: jaguar park, which is near the caves, and big hill station. Is this correct? I've read different descriptions of the zipline tours at the two places. Can anyone compare/contrast them? thanks.

hi,

basically the aerial trek tour to me is a lot more better, i visited belize, and i did both of the zipline tours, if you are into an adrenaline rush as well as a good learning experience with great guides in the beautiful rainforest you would do the aerial trek tour... the other tour is nice, but the runs are slower and the guides werent as excellent as the guides of the aerial trek tour.....

Lots of questions? How much is the tour with Nacho and Cynthia? And how much do they charge? Since the combo tour takes 7 plus hours will there be any chance of missing the boat? I know when you book through RCL (cost $135.00) if they are late they wll hold the boat for you. We are in port 7 to 5. Dont want to be risky.

And is there a place you can keep a beach bag, or back pack that will stay dry while you are cave tubing?

ZPOOD: We are also in port from 7am - 5pm and Nacho reassured me that as long as we get off the ship on one of the first tenders, we will have time for the whole aerial trek/cave tubing combo and be back before the cruise ship leaves. He quoted me $145/person if the tour has 2-4 people, $125 if it has 5+ people (cash, payable at start of trip; no deposit required). We are booked for 11/30; I think we're the only two so far. He said we can bring a waterproof camera w/ flash for the caves, and should bring old sneakers or water shoes and a change of clothes, so I assume there's someplace to keep the stuff when we're not using it. I've done a zipline trip before (in Hawaii) and a fannypack is convenient if you want to bring a camera (or anything else) with you while you're on the ziplines. Hope you decide to do it, and if you happen to be on the RCI Legend out of Tampa 11/26, hope you do it with us!

We are scheduled to do the combo tour in January and have 6 in our party, including my 14 yr old daughter and 60 yr old father. We really wanted to try out both excursions and were glad to find out that we could do both.

I've been emailing Nacho and he's been fantastic with answering all my questions. I can't wait for our cruise:D I appreciate all comments on this link, as it helped us decide what we wanted to do.

For those going in Nov/Dec, please provide reviews and details. Can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences.

thanks

Jen

I've been e-mailing with Nacho and he says that as long as we get off the ship as early as possible we can do the full combo tour. We're on the RC Legend that is in Belize 7am - 5pm Nov 30, 2005. So we're gonna do it, and I'll post a review once we're back. I'm looking forward to this the most of anything on our cruise.

HEHE , I wrote to you on another board , the 2 man semi sub . thats too funny , we are also doing the ariel trek and cave tubing tour :) , we have to leave the girls onboard with my parents and the Oceaneers club .We will be on the same sailing Legend of the Seas Nov 26th .We have not yet figured out what exactly to do in Costa Maya yet but I think it may be the beach break . I believe in GC we are probally going to do the String Ray City Candbar and then just head to Seven Mile Beach .

I was wondering if there is a big difference between going with Nacho and Cynthia or calling Jaguar Paw directly? Do the different groups do different caves? Are the group sizes different? Any information would be greatly appreciated as I need to book this soon!

Thanks,

Meredith

Hi

We are going through RCCL becuase of the time . It is almost a 7 hour tour and I rememeber doing a long tour when I was in my 20's when I was on a Carnival cruise . We went with a super nice couple we met but went on our own , we called it way way to close to get a tender back to the ship , I beleieve it was within 15 minutes , thats too close for me .

Hey campboo , I wrote to you on a few other boards , it seems we are doing the same excursions :) We'll see you on the ship ! Are you doing the String ray Tour ? That was a tough one for us because we really want to got o Seven Mile Beach , I think if we did the early String Ray we can still go back to the Leged get some food and the girls and have plenty of time for the beach !

Settingsail: I just replied to you on the Grand Cayman board, and then jumped over to this one and here you are! Are you sure you don't want to do the tubing/aerial trek combo with us? Nacho and Cynthia sound fantastic. I was also very concerned about getting back to the ship on time, but from what I've read on these boards, the guides will do everything they can to make it back. Not to clog up these posts with personal arrangements, why don't you e-mail me off-board and we can chat some more and exchange info: boo_gershun@earthlink.net. Look forward to hearing from you.

Archived