Morning coffee

ULCajunCruiser

I am generally an early riser, DW is not. I like to go for a walk and stretch my legs once I'm up.

I know that I'm not supposed to bring my own coffee cup or thermos. I also know that room service will bring me some. But my problem is I wouldn't want to hang around waiting on them, and even worse, I wouldn't want them to show up while I wasn't there and wake the wife.

So my question is there somewhere I can pick up a carafe of coffee to bring back to my room so I can enjoy 2 or 3 cups on my balcony???

I am generally an early riser, DW is not. I like to go for a walk and stretch my legs once I'm up.

I know that I'm not supposed to bring my own coffee cup or thermos. I also know that room service will bring me some. But my problem is I wouldn't want to hang around waiting on them, and even worse, I wouldn't want them to show up while I wasn't there and wake the wife.

So my question is there somewhere I can pick up a carafe of coffee to bring back to my room so I can enjoy 2 or 3 cups on my balcony???

I don't see the problem with bringing a small thermos of your own coffee cup. There is coffee available 24hrs on the lido.

A small thermos like you would use for travel is totally fine. We've take our 32 oz water bottle and filled it with the tropical fruit juice. No one cared

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring your thermos to lido.

Fill up one of their cups and than pour into your thermos, repeat as necessary.

In other words no problem at all:)

Good idea. I think the prohibition on the thermos is contamination. If you use one of their cups and pour it into you thermos, that is usually OK.

I order room service the night before to be delivered early in the AM...I use the knock on the door as my wake up call

Re. room service coffee orders - sounds like the ship's coffee cups are "tiny", when you put 2 orders of coffee on the hang tag, do you get 2 carafes? Or 1 carafe with 2 "tiny" cups?

1. Order some coffee from Room Service on day 1. You will receive a coffee pot full of coffee with some mugs.

2. Drink coffee.

3. Rinse coffee pot and keep in your closet to reuse all week.

4. As long as you keep the empty in your closet the steward will not take it.

You can bring your own coffee cup/thermos...........

Here is Ideal,,,,,after the Wife wakes up, order coffee from room service

and keep the carafe ,,,,so you can use it for coffee from the Lido..........

Take the Carafe to the Lido fill it up with Coffee.................

Edited by BARBARA J.W.

We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought the large Tervis tumblers (32 oz?). We use them all cruise to fill with coffee, tea etc. We wash them constantly but are always careful to fill them only using the carnival cups at the drink stations. I LOVE having my huge coffee to take with me around the ship. The Tervis keeps it very hot for quite awhile. Or very cold depending on what's in there.

Re. room service coffee orders - sounds like the ship's coffee cups are "tiny", when you put 2 orders of coffee on the hang tag, do you get 2 carafes? Or 1 carafe with 2 "tiny" cups?

I have used, and highly recommend, the night-before, hang-on-the-door room service order card on all my Carnival cruises, and there has always been enough coffee for each person to have several cups. And it was always delivered exactly when I ordered it for.

1. Order some coffee from room service on day 1. You will receive a coffee pot full of coffee with some mugs.

2. Drink coffee.

brilliant!!!!!

I, too, am an early riser and when they had trays (not sure if they still have trays or not) I would get up earlier than DW. Like 4 am early, I had the run of the ship and despite the posted hours I found that they usually had a continental type breakfast set up near the buffet starting like around 5 am. I would get a tray and grab two or three mugs of coffee and some pastry and fruit and quietly sneak back in our cabin and quietly open the balcony door and sit out there for an hour or so enjoying what I like to call pre-breakfast.

Good times!!

You can bring your own coffee cup/thermos...........

Here is Ideal,,,,,after the Wife wakes up, order coffee from room service

and keep the carafe ,,,,so you can use it for coffee from the Lido..........

Take the Carafe to the Lido fill it up with Coffee.................

Keep the carafe. Brilliant:):)

I sail with my mother. When we order coffee from room service, we order coffee for 4 and it is just the right amount.

I usually get a carafe of coffee from room service as suggested. However, I simply ask the room steward not to take it so I can use it all week. I would not put it in my closet or hide it in any way. I wouldn't want the steward to think my intentions were in anyway dishonest.

they'll bring it in one carafe.... But then you could go refill your carafe for round two

Edited by finzup-kt

I usually get a carafe of coffee from room service as suggested. However, I simply ask the room steward not to take it so I can use it all week. I would not put it in my closet or hide it in any way. I wouldn't want the steward to think my intentions were in anyway dishonest.

That's a good Ideal............:)

Letting the Cabin Steward know

that you want to keep Carafe to get coffee

from the Lido..................

1. Order some coffee from Room Service on day 1. You will receive a coffee pot full of coffee with some mugs.

2. Drink coffee.

I am guilty of doing this too. I drink coffee all day long. Regular in the morning and decaf in the afternoon. I don't feel guilty doing this. It save RS multiple trips to my room, dishwashing of either several carafes or a ton of coffee cups. The only draw back is a few nasty glares when filling. (Yes, using Carnival cups.) The carafe hold about 4 mugs worth.