Plans for Cozumel with six ships in port?

garnet115

In February, I am scheduled to be in Cozumel on a day when there will be 6 ships (including to mega ships - NCL getaway and RCL oaisis) in port. Where would you go to avoid the crowds? I will have my 12 yo dd with me, so want something that she will enjoy. Do you recommend one of the private beach clubs? A smaller ship excursion (was thinking about the horseback riding/beach break)? All suggestions are appreciated. I'm not a fan of crowds, so would like to have a game plan in advance.

Looks like I will be there the week before with seven ships in port. I have not yet decided what to do, leaning towards a beach club. What I did do is look at the excusions offered by the lines in port and will choose an adventure at a location NOT offered by the cruise lines.

Looks like Passion Island/Isla Pasion and Playa Mia are popular cruise sponsored spots.

Try not to worry about having SIX ships in port because it's rather normal for Cozumel. ;)

LuLu

Thanks. Part of my concern is that we are in port from 12pm to 7pm, so will be "late to the party," so to speak. I am worried that we will have trouble finding chairs that late in the day. The more I read about all of the options, the more confused I get.

Thanks. Part of my concern is that we are in port from 12pm to 7pm, so will be "late to the party," so to speak. I am worried that we will have trouble finding chairs that late in the day. The more I read about all of the options, the more confused I get.

With the later arrival time, I would consider doing a smaller ship sponsored excursion (they will sometimes limit the passengers) for a couple of hours, then when it's getting later, most of the other ships will sail (which is fun to watch) and you can wander around town and the waterfront for a couple of hours, grabbing a bite to eat and enjoying the views of the ships sailing away.