azmara jouney

loula59

Hi this is going to be our first cruise with azmara. We are going to panama jan 8 2016 and have heard that it would be in dry dock for refurbishing. Is this an older ship? Also, we always take the inside cabin, anyone ever been in 4035?

I found this in the cabin review

Journey

May-14

Yes

N/A

A small amount of vibration noise when the ship was anchored/docked. Zero noise at night.

We booked a guaranteed inside room last minute and were prepared for a tight fit, but we were pleasantly surprised to discover our room was wheelchair accessible so there was lots of room. The bathroom was pretty large, and the shower area was very roomy (bigger than my shower at home). We had one chair instead of a couch.

we are looking to sail on journey jan3 2016 but read that this ship is going to be dry docked earlier next year and being refurbished. Would that be sailing on that date week? Any reply will help, thanks

we are looking to sail on journey jan3 2016 but read that this ship is going to be dry docked earlier next year and being refurbished. Would that be sailing on that date week? Any reply will help, thanks

You've asked this question in three different threads and I've already answered it the first time you asked.

You've asked this question in three different threads and I've already answered it the first time you asked.

Just my opinion, but I think the OP is asking, now that they know the dry dock is right after their cruise, would you go on the cruise.

Our worst cruise was on the Carnival Legend right before dry dock. I would be very worried if I found out my cruise was going to be right before dry dock. I have more faith in Azamara than Carnival but I have a lot more money invested in our Azamara cruise and understand their concern. Let's reassure the OP and make them feel they made the right choice in choosing Azamara.

Edited by beachseeker
typo

Hi this is going to be our first cruise with azmara. We are going to panama jan 8 2016 and have heard that it would be in dry dock for refurbishing. Is this an older ship? Also, we always take the inside cabin, anyone ever been in 4035?

Hi Loula59,

I have not stayed in this cabin. About the only possible negative I can think of, is that it's adjacent to the Medical Center. I'm unsure if it may be noisy. On the positive side, it's a good location, easy accessible to the forward and mid-ship elevators, and not too far from Guest Relations.

BTW, I'm certain that member Henk123 meant well when he located the member review. However, Cabin 4035 is not an accessible cabin (4034 & 4028 are accessible), so I'm unsure about the accuracy of the posted comments in the review. Perhaps the cabin number in the Member review was a typo.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

I have viewed 4035 and it would appear to have been a handicapped cabin at one time, although it is not now listed as such. It is larger than most OV cabins and has a big shower/bathroom.

Beverly

• 2 weeks later...
I found this in the cabin review

Journey

May-14

Yes

N/A

A small amount of vibration noise when the ship was anchored/docked. Zero noise at night.

We booked a guaranteed inside room last minute and were prepared for a tight fit, but we were pleasantly surprised to discover our room was wheelchair accessible so there was lots of room. The bathroom was pretty large, and the shower area was very roomy (bigger than my shower at home). We had one chair instead of a couch.

Where do you find the cabin review. We will be in 7005 and wondering about the ride.