Premium non alcoholic drink package. Is it worth it?

beachjulie

I am trying to decide if it's worth buying this for my in laws. The cost is $234 canadian for 1 person. Just wondering what the individual pop , water and coffee prices are in comparison. We will off the ship for 3 days in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Soft drinks are $2 a can plus an 18% service charge. Regular coffee and tea, along with juices for breakfast in the MDR and in the buffet all day and night in the buffet are included in your fare. Bottled water is $3 a bottle plus the 18% for basic bottled water, and $4 to $7 for other types of water depending on type and size of bottle. Specialty coffees run $3 to $5 plus the 18%.

In your post you say that you were considering getting the package for the in-laws. You do know that there's no sharing of beverage packages, so you would be purchasing two.

The question of whether it's worth it is entirely up to them. What most do is figure out approximately how much they would drink each day to see if what they would consume would cover the per day charge.

I am trying to decide if it's worth buying this for my in laws. The cost is $234 canadian for 1 person. Just wondering what the individual pop , water and coffee prices are in comparison. We will off the ship for 3 days in port.
There is no charge for unlimited regular ice water, coffee, tea (both hot and iced), lemonade, fruit punch, hot chocolate.

They can ask their stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher in their cabin, which are refilled twice each day (or more frequently upon request).

Whether or not it is worth buying the drink package would depend on whether or not they want to consume a lot of pop and specialty coffees or teas or the sugary non-alcoholic foo-foo drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought it for DW. It was totally worth it. Good sparkling water for lunch and dinner, premium cofee and tea, fresh OJ...

We had the classic NA package included as a perk on our last cruise. That includes almost, but not quite, all the non-alcoholic options that the premium NA package includes. I really don't drink alcohol, but I availed myself of cans of diet soda, frozen coffee drinks at the coffee bar, virgin frozen drinks (ask for a non-alcoholic mudslide--the bartenders are confused but do think of something) at the bars, and bottles of water. I am not positive I would have spent the $20/day plus 18% gratuity (which is what I think the price was at the time) if I'd been making my choices on an a la carte basis, but I liked having the package enough that I might actually buy the premium NA if I didn't have a package as a perk next time.

The classic NA doesn't cover much at all--just soda, Arizona iced tea, and hot drinks at the coffee bar, plus bottled water--so I think the premium would be worth the ~$4/day difference. Or I'd just stick with a soda package which, is less than half the price of the Premium NA.

That's something only you can determine. You will have to determine if you will drink enough of the items that are on the NA drink pkg to cover your cost, or not.

Keep in mind, you can purchase those pkg after boarding. You can go through a complete day, ordering normally. If the charges start to mount, you can then buy a pkg for the rest of the cruise.

On my last cruise, no drink (alcohol) pkg was available as a perk. I did not want to pay for one ($383) because I didn't think I would spend that much. I didn't. However, on my next cruise, Classic (alcohol) pkg was available, or $200 OBC. I chose the Classic pkg since I will easily go over the $200 OBC.

One other thing to remember besides having the ability to purchase a non alcohol drinks pkg after you get on board, the ship provides all the basics. Ships water is good. The "bug juice" (fruit punch) is good. Coffee, tea - hot or iced - are available at any restaurant.

Am in a similar predicament.

First time with Celebrity (Solstice) having years sailed with Royal.

Royal's regular decaf coffee is really not good (just my opinion) so I've bought the Replenish package and availed myself of the Illy coffee that is served at Lattetudes for example which is a brand I am familiar with in the UK and is far more palatable. I've really had the better part of the bargain here.

Looking forward to trying the smoothies. What's the situation with freshly squeezed orange juice on Celebrity?