Keeping in touch with kids onboard

mpdahmer

We have been on several cruises with our kids and never had a problem. We had always setup at the pool and told our kids to check in with us at either a set time or set intervals. We are cruising with another family who has also cruised with their kids (NCL). They have younger kids then ours but mentioned that while on NCL they were able to activate a text only plan so they could keep in touch with their kids.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this on Carnival.

I searched Carnival's website but did not find any great info. I also tried to search the Carnival thread on CC but for some reason today I keep getting bumped and having to re logon...so here I am asking the masses.

Following. We are in the same boat (pun intended). Didn't have any problems on our last cruise with our 3 kids but we have 2 families joining us on our next one. I'd love to find a way to keep everyone connected. Walkie talkies just doesn't seem practical for a ship as large as the Magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

User anewmac has a great review that she used the Carnival hub to keep in touch via text with her boys. They do have to be 13 to use the app, and if I remember correctly, there was a one time fee of 5 dollars

I thought the HUB was only on the Carnival Breeze at this time. According to the Carnival website it will not be ready on other ships for 18-24 months from this past January.

Following. We are in the same boat (pun intended). Didn't have any problems on our last cruise with our 3 kids but we have 2 families joining us on our next one. I'd love to find a way to keep everyone connected. Walkie talkies just doesn't seem practical for a ship as large as the Magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2242749

It looks like you can use the "Social package" to use messenger programs with an android or Iphone. But it is $5 per day per person.

It would be great of there was an affordable option for this as we will run into it with our 12 year old, to spend $5 a day for at least 2 people when we normally would not buy any internet makes it $70 for a 7 day cruise

If you don't want to pay, just set up meeting times and locations, use a dry erase board in the cabin, and communicate! Many families and groups cruised without issue before cellphones :D

We did this with our daughter but would be nice to be able to use technology that we all have a nominal fee like intership messaging, would make life easier for many