9/23 Hawaii Should I bring a jacket for ship?

sashas_mom

I've never sailed this time of year (we're leaving Friday). Do I need something warm for the deck of the ship? I know Hawaii will be warm, what about the ship deck and our balcony? Will a sweatshirt do? If you do suggest a jacket, will a jean jacket do, or something warmer?

Thanks.

sasha'smom

I've never sailed this time of year (we're leaving Friday). Do I need something warm for the deck of the ship? I know Hawaii will be warm' date=' what about the ship deck and our balcony? Will a sweatshirt do? If you do suggest a jacket, will a jean jacket do, or something warmer?

Thanks.

sasha'smom[/quote']

Bring a jacket. The first couple of days out will be cool (as will the last couple of days back). Once you hit about mid-day on the third day, things will warm up…

Sometimes the wind on a balcony can be pretty strong.

A light windbreaker might be handy, or perhaps a cardigan sweater might be handier, as you can wear it into the cool dining room/show lounge areas when it is chilly (as it often is onboard ship).

We took flannel lined windbreakers and used them both on the ship (the first couple of days- outdoors) and at the volcano on Hawaii, as it was raining and chilly...................this was in April, but I'll bet it would be about the same in September.

and at the volcano on Hawaii, as it was raining and chilly
I forgot about that. :eek:

We also toured the volcano on a rainy, windy and cool day. I had shorts and a short sleeve shirt on and also a rain poncho. I was a little cool after we got back to the bus because of the air conditioning. My parents both wore light weight jackets.

Fortunately we won't be going on a helicopter anytime soon (I consider it an act of bravery and one I am not up to). I packed a warm sweater and also a sweatshirt, so if I have to I can layer. Thank you for your input. We are all packed and ready to go!!:)

sasha'smom

Archived