Going to Hell...

A&Jfamily

:D

It's silly but my 17 year old really liked Hell when we were there several years ago and he wants to go back when we return. My 11 year old doesn't remember it but would probably get a kick out of it now; he was 3 when we last visited.

But, obviously, Hell isn't a full day event. We have already done swimming with sting rays plenty, and were at the Turtle Farm on our first visit. None of us are shoppers. We are in port from 8-4, so with tendering, really 9 - 3. So, my questions are:

1) What is the most efficient way to do Hell, and a quiet shady beach - such as cemetery - where we can perhaps snorkel? We have our own gear.

2) Is there any place to walk or take a cab to between Hell and the beach? If not, we will likely opt for a big breakfast and beating the crowds back to the ship for a late lunch.

3) are there any other options that might bring us something new - perhaps involving a jet ski trip that I am missing? All the ones I see want to take you to the rays...

I think I have ruled out heading in the other direction, but if we did, would Smith's Cove be the place to go? Sounds like Sunset House has no real beach...

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Edited by A&Jfamily

btw "iron shore" is the same rock formation that you find at Hell . . . .

when I google Cayman Iron Shore the first picture that comes up IS Hell

the Sea Pool at Sunset is cut out of the Iron Shore

so you could say you went swimming in Hell . . . .

sunsethouse_zps9083c174.jpg

same thing at Smith Cove, a bit down the road from Sunset but you do find sand there as well

so

Smith has Iron Shore and sand but minimal facilities incl bathroom and showers

Sunset has no sand but Iron Shore, pool, dive shop (rent snorkel gear), shower, privy, and full bar/food service . . . {and usually allows free access to all if you buy drinks/lunch unless they are VERY crowded which I have never seen but have heard of}

Edited by Capt_BJ