Low Danube Uniworld SS Maria Theresa 8/9

Artistry

I am looking for an update on the situation on the Danube and water levels. Scheduled to depart on the 8/9 sailing on the SS Maria Theresa from Budapest to Amsterdam and a ship tracker shows the ship is still docked stationary outside of Regensburg. According to another post, the 8/5 sailing on the River Empress for the same itinerary is requiring a ship change. Would like any opinions on potential for cancellation give that we are leaving on Wednesday 8/5 from the US for our 8/9 cruise and Uniworld still has not provided information.

I am looking for an update on the situation on the Danube and water levels. Scheduled to depart on the 8/9 sailing on the SS Maria Theresa from Budapest to Amsterdam and a ship tracker shows the ship is still docked stationary outside of Regensburg. According to another post, the 8/5 sailing on the River Empress for the same itinerary is requiring a ship change. Would like any opinions on potential for cancellation give that we are leaving on Wednesday 8/5 from the US for our 8/9 cruise and Uniworld still has not provided information.

Don't worry the ship's location, they are probably did not report any data and what you read could be several days out of date.

Uniworld would be in touch with you about a cancellation, I know they are a quality line.

Uniworld has also had their disruptions and cancellations posted on their home page throughout July. There are no posts currently so it sounds like you are good to go. Uniworld actively reaches out to your TA if there are any issues.

We just completed the last Maria Theresa Budapest to Amsterdam cruise. We made it as far as Vilshofen Germany then the cruise was cancelled. They didn't have a ship on the other side to "swap". So they gave us 3 days to make other arrangements for the rest of our vacation time. We didn't book air through uniworld so we were responsible for our arrangements, they did get us to Munich airport, our insurance came through for air fare to Amsterdam. We would have loved to finish the cruise but understand that it was completely out of their control..

You'll love the ship and the great staff....everything was perfect and we enjoyed the cruise even if it was shortened

Just learned this morning that our cruise on 8/9 has been cancelled. Thanks to an awesome TA and Uniworld's assistance, we have already rebooked for next year. Of course we are disappointed, but understand mother nature. Most of all we are appreciative of the fact that Uniworld decided not to try and Band Aid together a cruise experience. We will now look forward to our future river cruise.

We are on a Uniworld cruise departing 8/9 from Vienna to Basil. Today, our travel agent informed us that we are now on a different vessel changed from River Ambassador to River Duchess, but our cruise is still on as planned. Hopefully the recent rainfall will keep us from having any ship changes or unplanned bus excursions.

Just learned this morning that our cruise on 8/9 has been cancelled. Thanks to an awesome TA and Uniworld's assistance, we have already rebooked for next year. Of course we are disappointed, but understand mother nature. Most of all we are appreciative of the fact that Uniworld decided not to try and Band Aid together a cruise experience. We will now look forward to our future river cruise.

So sorry! Definitely disappointing - glad Uniworld was able to get you rebooked for next year. I hope you can find something else this year to "get away".

Uniworld just updated their webpage and facebook post about this.

http://uniworld.com/danube-river-water-levels

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for them to make a judgment call on what to do far enough out. One of the things I like about Uniworld is I feel like I can trust them to take care of us whatever happens. I've read several reviews or blogs of people whose trips were altered in some way thanks to mother nature or other issues... and those people still have praise for Uniworld's handling of the situation.