Miracle: Nick and Nora's worth it?

Pugster4

My wife and I are going in January. I haven't been on a cruise sine I was 13 and this is my wife's first cruise. Is nick and Nora's worth the extra charge? Also I don't know if I want to miss dinner in the main dining room so could I make a reservation for lunch if we did decide to go? Thanks for your help!

We went to the steakhouse on the Pride a few years ago. It was a lovely experience, food was delicious and service was impeccable, and I would recommend anyone to try it. However, IMHO it was wayyy too much food for me and since I have never had complaints about the MDR we probably won't go again.

We dined twice on our 2013 cruise at Nick and Nora's and three times on our 2014 cruise. We love the food and the level of service.

We have cruised Carnival 10 times in less than 4 years. Eight of those sailings have been on ships with a steakhouse. We eat there at least twice per sailing. Only once have we been less than happy with our experience. Each person must determine for themselves if the upcharge is "worth it"

Thanks for your replies! Sorry I guess asking if it is worth it isn't he best way to phrase it. I just wanted to know if you personally thought the food and service was $35 better per person and worth missing a night in the MDR to experience it or if you rather use that money on something else. Sorry I don't know how to word it better than that and I hope it makes sense. Thanks again for your answers. I know something being "worth" it means something different to everyone

Thanks for your replies! Sorry I guess asking if it is worth it isn't he best way to phrase it. I just wanted to know if you personally thought the food and service was $35 better per person and worth missing a night in the MDR to experience it or if you rather use that money on something else. Sorry I don't know how to word it better than that and I hope it makes sense. Thanks again for your answers. I know something being "worth" it means something different to everyone

In my opinion well worth the price. Yes the quality and experience is better then mdr.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We have never done the steak house, but I can tell you we went to a cooking demonstration in the steak house last cruise and just the samples they gave you were delicious. So this year we booked it. If the free samples they give you are that good, what will the paid entrees taste like?

It's our anniversary on embarkation day so I think it's perfect for a special occasion!

Sorry I guess asking if it is worth it isn't he best way to phrase it. I just wanted to know if you personally thought the food and service was $35 better per person and worth missing a night in the MDR to experience it or if you rather use that money on something else.

Thank you

With that being your definition of 'worth it",,, then Yes, in my opinion it is "worth it" to experience it one time.

Be sure to select a night when you are not rushed to be somewhere at a specific time and you just want to relax. The dining experience will be a couple of hours.

We have dined at Nick & Nora's. Usually we do not book ahead, and since our last few cruises have been 15 or 16 days, we check out the MDR menu's each day and determine if it's a 'good day' to miss the MDR. We have enjoyed our experiences at the Steakhouse, and would certainly do it again.

Someone else mentioned the portions, and I do agree, they are very large. Usually I do a surf and turf so that each portion is smaller than say having just a steak, or just the lobster/shrimp.

Enjoy, Miracle is our favourite ship ! Love the Spirit Class layout.

Is there a MDR menu you can look at on embarkation day so you know which night to reserve so you don't miss something you want in the MDR or is the MDR menu available to look at for each night that same day? We are doing the 7 day Mex Riv. In January. I don't want to miss something I would really enjoy or want to try in the MDR

Is there a MDR menu you can look at on embarkation day so you know which night to reserve so you don't miss something you want in the MDR or is the MDR menu available to look at for each night that same day? We are doing the 7 day Mex Riv. In January. I don't want to miss something I would really enjoy or want to try in the MDR

Please read my review about the Miracle. I have posted all current menus. However, the American Table menu may be introduced later this year so all these menu's could change. Enjoy your cruise!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203582

My husband wasn't sold on paying an upcharge several years ago, and I pushed him into trying it. Now, we always go at least once, sometimes twice per cruise! Try finding a very fine dining establishment on land that is $35 per person, and let me say....this is fine dining. Agreed, the food is plentiful, but the quality of the food and the service is beyond worth the extra charge. Just don't load up on bread....leave room for your main course. Enjoy!

I love Nick & Nora's! Can't wait to go again next cruise on Miracle. We always check the MDR dinner menu and decide the day of whether we want to go to the steakhouse or stay with the MDR. I love the crab cake and the French onion soup! I agree that the desserts are not that spectacular, but by that time I am stuffed anyway.