Confused about DSC and pre-paying

MrsT3030

Not sure if I'd misunderstood but I have seen reference to the increase in DSC being waived if you pre-pay your gratuities.

Having looked at the correspondence I've seen from Norwegian for my Jan 2016 cruise, it says no such thing. It simply states the new price and the £ price to pre-pay, which is equivalent to that new price.

Have I just misunderstood what I've read here or should this be a reduced rate?

Edited by MrsT3030

Not sure if I'd misunderstood but I have seen reference to the increase in DSC being waived if you pre-pay your gratuities.

Having looked at the correspondence I've seen from Norwegian for my Jan 2016 cruise, it says no such thing. It simply states the new price and the £ price to pre-pay, which is equivalent to that new price.

Have I just misunderstood what I've read here or should this be a reduced rate?

I believe it depends on when you originally booked your cruise. I'm cruising in a suite on August 29th, so if I wait to pay DSC until the last day of my cruise I'll get charged the new rate of over $15/person/day. BUT since I booked the cruise back in January, when the rate was $12, I have the option of pre-paying at my initial rate (which I did).

Hope that made sense :)