BreakAway Haven Aft in 95 days - PCC experience so far - suggestions?

beandippa

Thanks for your post Linda! I will be in a 10912 next year and have already started planning my sail away party on our deck! Not quite as many people, but I wondered if it was "too soon" to ask the Butler to bring snacks and mixers. Thought we might end up taking plates from the buffet. I guess we'll have to see how it goes. :)

Thanks for your post Linda! I will be in a 10912 next year and have already started planning my sail away party on our deck! Not quite as many people, but I wondered if it was "too soon" to ask the Butler to bring snacks and mixers. Thought we might end up taking plates from the buffet. I guess we'll have to see how it goes. :)

NCL has a new policy not allowing guests to take plates out of the buffet and restaurants, so definitely ask your butler (via the pre cruise concierge) to set that up for you. Much easier and will look nicer. Have fun!

NCL has a new policy not allowing guests to take plates out of the buffet and restaurants

I believe they actually rescinded that policy after the backlash on CC. However, for a party, NCL would probably prefer you order from the room service menu or since you're in a suite, coordinate with the butler.

NCL has a new policy not allowing guests to take plates out of the buffet and restaurants, so definitely ask your butler (via the pre cruise concierge) to set that up for you. Much easier and will look nicer. Have fun!

I think NCL rescinded that policy.

Linda

Just wanted to drop a quick post. My fam of 4 will be cruising the Breakaway in a Haven Aft (12304 to be exact).

I am going to be in that room in 52 days!!! quick question do you know if the stuff in the mini fridge is included because it is a haven suite? On my last NCL cruise we had a haven suite and it was included. A lot has changed in the last 3 years with NCL.

Hope you had a great time!

quick question do you know if the stuff in the mini fridge is included because it is a haven suite? On my last NCL cruise we had a haven suite and it was included. A lot has changed in the last 3 years with NCL.

Hope you had a great time!

I don't believe the stuff in the mini fridge is included.

It's my understanding the soda and water in the fridge will be included if you have the OS, DOS or GV. The other Haven suites, like the Family, Penthouse, Spa, etc., do NOT include the mini-fridge items. The top three suite categories also include 3, 3, or 6 (respectively) full size bottles of alcohol which you get choose off a menu before sailing.

For our upcoming cruise, we have requested they empty the mini fridge in our suites. For us, this way we know that we could use the items in the fridge without charge. No chance of picking up something that would have a charge.

We have requested they stock Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Sierra Mist in the suite. Previously, they filled a cooler with ice and put the drinks in there especially since the fridges don't get as cold.

Here's the listing of additional items you can request from the pre-concierge letter...

In addition to the luxurious feather pillows in your suite, you can also select from the following pillow options:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Water

Still

Sparkling

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Please choose 6 bottles from the list below. (we are in the Garden Villa)

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South by Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc, California

North & South by Norwegian, Red Blend, California

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

Hope this helps!

We are going to be in a Haven suite H6 for the first time on the Breakaway. We get the UBP as part of the deal and I know that includes sodas in the restaurants and bars. I read on the previous post that you can request the butler stock the fridge with cans of soda. Are they included or will I be charged for each can? I had planned to bring soda, but maybe I don't have to if they are included in the suite. Thanks much for any info.

We are going to be in a Haven suite H6 for the first time on the Breakaway. We get the UBP as part of the deal and I know that includes sodas in the restaurants and bars. I read on the previous post that you can request the butler stock the fridge with cans of soda. Are they included or will I be charged for each can? I had planned to bring soda, but maybe I don't have to if they are included in the suite. Thanks much for any info.

I would call the pre-cruise concierge to see whether that is offered or not. Although, I'm sure someone on here has a personal experience so maybe they'll check this thread and comment.

Correction to my post above since I can't edit...Thanks to tarps for the following information on another thread

Well, that's interesting as we sailed in that cabin and definitely received it.

Here is a link directly from NCL's website. Note the double asterisk.

http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

Here's a link to that thread...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2247123

According to the NCL website you will get sodas.

Only the OS, DOS and GV (H1, H2, and H3) have included soda and water, so bring your own, and ask the pre-concierge to have the fridge emptied ahead of time. You will get a bottle of water and sparkling wine in your stateroom at embarkation, but the water won't be replenished. And, bottled water is NOT included in the UBP, so bring that too if you want it. We won't be bringing soda, as the kids will get enough while out and about with the UBP, but water we are bringing.

.......According to the NCL website you will get sodas.

Sorry, that is not correct. An H6 (Haven aft suite) does not get sodas included in the cabin. Only Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Owner's Suites get the soda included (and the same with the liquor).

Sorry, that is not correct. An H6 (Haven aft suite) does not get sodas included in the cabin. Only Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Owner's Suites get the soda included (and the same with the liquor).

The link you posted only has the alcohol asterisked as exclusive to the top three categories. Well, after looking again I think someone just messed up with where they put the double asterisk -- I think it was meant for that entire bullet point, since they have the H4 and below listed on the next bullet point. I really wish NCL would stop posting conflicting info for us to debate. I like knowing exactly what to expect, lol

It does make sense though, if you are going to offer UBP to all suite/haven passengers as a perk, why not include it in the stateroom fridge too?

Edited by 3kidsncats
added comment

I wonder if this is new? I've been researching this exact topic (well, the whole, what comes with my level of Haven suite topic) and everything I've read here and at NCL indicated sodas were not offered in cabin below the H3 designation. The other day we couldn't access our terms and conditions, and some else posted the same issue, so I figured they were updating them -- maybe this is a change?? I'm really curious if anyone was aware of this before?

I'm not sure I follow your question here. You were correct in your first posting that only GV, DOS and OS get the soda included.

I'm not sure I follow your question here. You were correct in your first posting that only GV, DOS and OS get the soda included.

I read the link you had posted after I posted my comment and then saw the misleading asterisks. I think it would be very easy to interpret that sodas were included if you didn't really look at the next bullet point. It's just a poorly done benefit explanation. At first I thought maybe NCL had just updated the terms but then I looked at the link again and realized it was just not written clearly.

Actually, I see what you are alluding to here. I think the double asterisk placement is yet another of NCL's inability to correctly express themselves. We have had Deluxe Owner's suites, Owner's suites and Haven aft suites. The only one's we have ever had soda included were the DOS and OS. Although, I will say, your comment regarding since they're giving all the suites the UBP, why not give them soda in the room, makes complete and utter sense. How 'bout it NCL?

Actually, I see what you are alluding to here. I think the double asterisk placement is yet another of NCL's inability to correctly express themselves. We have had Deluxe Owner's suites, Owner's suites and Haven aft suites. The only one's we have ever had soda included were the DOS and OS. Although, I will say, your comment regarding since they're giving all the suites the UBP, why not give them soda in the room, makes complete and utter sense. How 'bout it NCL?

Yep -- can you imagine the people that don't know about CC and they just read that and think the fridge stuff is included. I can just imagine their irritation when getting a big bill at the end of the cruise for the mini-bar. And of course, by the time that happens, the document you linked to will be long gone.

Just wanted to drop a quick post. My fam of 4 will be cruising the Breakaway in a Haven Aft (12304 to be exact). I made a call to the PCC and they were great. Got me booked on the shows and restaurants I wanted. Only thing so far is they said we can't book Cirque yet. It doesn't show up online either, but I will just have the concierge on board get us in. They asked me if I wanted anything for the kids. They are going to empty the mini fridge and stock it with apple juice and milks for them. Had them ensure I have extra pillows too. So far, very pleased. Can't say anything bad.

Anyone have other ideas for cool requests I can make pre-cruise (or even when I am on)? This is my first ever Haven experience. :):)

This is my ABSOLUTE first time posting on CC. I've just been a lurker in the background reading and learning. I'm also on the BA in an Aft Suite In Nov. As far as your question regarding Cirque, the PCC said that she could not book it in advance but that she could add to a note for the On Board concierge to book it when I first check in(She guaranteed that this has never been an issue to do. She also did this with Wine Lover's as I have $200 OBC to use and figured I'd use it for those instead of paying up front.) . So, while it may not be the smartest thing to rely and hang on that word. She did it for a few things for me. We will see if it does in fact happen. As far as everything else goes. She's incredibly patient with all my questions. I do have A LOT of them as this is also my VERY FIRST cruise.

This is my ABSOLUTE first time posting on CC. I'm 94 days out. I've just been a lurker in the background reading and learning. I'm also on the BA in an Aft Suite In Nov. As far as your question regarding Cirque, the PCC said that she could not book it in advance but that she could add to a note for the On Board concierge to book it when I first check in(She guaranteed that this has never been an issue to do. She also did this with Wine Lover's as I have $200 OBC to use and figured I'd use it for those instead of paying up front.) . So, while it may not be the smartest thing to rely and hang on that word. She did it for a few things for me. We will see if it does in fact happen. As far as everything else goes. She's incredibly patient with all my questions. I do have A LOT of them as this is also my VERY FIRST cruise.

PCCD* Didn't realize I can't edit a post after 20 minutes after I've posted.

Just wanted to drop a quick post. My fam of 4 will be cruising the Breakaway in a Haven Aft (12304 to be exact). I made a call to the PCC and they were great. Got me booked on the shows and restaurants I wanted. Only thing so far is they said we can't book Cirque yet. It doesn't show up online either, but I will just have the concierge on board get us in. They asked me if I wanted anything for the kids. They are going to empty the mini fridge and stock it with apple juice and milks for them. Had them ensure I have extra pillows too. So far, very pleased. Can't say anything bad.

Anyone have other ideas for cool requests I can make pre-cruise (or even when I am on)? This is my first ever Haven experience. :):)

You have a much better PCC than us.. Mine was extraordinary at first, gave us an offer we couldn't refuse on a room.. I was highly skeptical he could do it.. but managed to do exactly what he said.. There were some other things he promised me during the booking of the room.. and said he would get back to me on.. after I paid for the cruise in full.. I never heard from him again.. several calls and emails to him later, I only got one response which was "I'll call you tonight".. and that never happened.. I'm extremely disappointed in my PCC right now.

You have a much better PCC than us.. .... I'm extremely disappointed in my PCC right now.

What OP was talking about it Pre-Cruise Concierge Desk (for suite passengers), not a Personal Cruise Consultant - they misunderstood what PCC means.