Lido deck balcony

rainey52

Are the balconies on Lido deck standard size...covered?

We have always been more middle of ship but they gave us this upgrade for May 22, Caribbean Princess..I hope its an upgrade.

Any info on this deck would be appreciated.

Laraine and Bob

We were on the Grand in a Lido balcony. The cabin and balcony are the standard size at 214 sq. ft. The balcony is approx. 5 x 9 or 45 aq. ft. The remaining footage is in the cabin. The larger sq. ft. in the Caribe cabins is in the larger (9 x 9) balcony.

The only negative I felt was in the view forward. The bridge sticks out on both sides of the ship and interfers with the view forward. Obviously, the farther forward you are, the more noticable the obstruction. The Caribbean Princess has an extra deck (Rivera), but I think the above is still accurate.

On the positive side, the Lido deck is where the action is. Pools, food and a bar at your your front door (or around the corner) makes these cabins great.

Mark

1986--Fairsea
1989--Jubilee
1990--Sun Viking
1998--Grand Princess
2000--Ocean Princess x 2
2001--Legend OT Seas
2002--Infinity

Mark..Thank you for your reply. We are pretty forward but I'm not going to let that bother me..as long as I can sit on the balcony and look out at the ocean, I'm a happy camper.

I love the idea of being on my favorite deck..just a short walk for my morning coffee before the day begins and then back to the cabin for breakfast on the balcony..

I know the gym is above us but thats OK...As long as I am on a cruise nothing will get me down.

Laraine

Laraine & Bob
Caribbean Princess 5/22/04
Majesty & Enchantment 12/03
Explorer of the Seas 08/30/03
Navigator of the Seas 01/03
Princess Grand 07/02
Explorer of the Seas 07/01

Archived