ATM at Baoshan (Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal) Shanghai

reverie4401

Does any recent traveler know if there are ATM's or an ATM at the Baoshan cruise terminal in Shanghai? We will be arriving there at the end of September and plan to taxi to our hotel in Shanghai. I would prefer to get Yuan from an ATM rather than some from a bank at home.

Thanks in advance. David

I contacted a guide in China and this was his response:

Regarding the ATM issue, according to the staff of the terminal, there is no ATM at the Wusongkou Terminal, but you can find ATM on the street near the terminal, the distance is about 1km.

I contacted a guide in China and this was his response:

Regarding the ATM issue, according to the staff of the terminal, there is no ATM at the Wusongkou Terminal, but you can find ATM on the street near the terminal, the distance is about 1km.

Thanks for checking. Seems that an ATM would do quite a business with foreigners landing in China, whether for one day or ending a cruise in Shanghai.

I was taken by the duty free staff down to an atm on the ground floor because they only took cash no eftpos when the cruise terminal was brand new.

sydgal

sydgal, are you saying that there was an ATM in the terminal? However, is this available for cruisers terminating in Shanghai?

I did find a solution however. We are doing a Trans-Pacific cruise on the Celebrity Millennium, which starts in Vancouver. Vancouver had much better foreign exchange providers than in South Carolina. So I will pick up Yuan in Vancouver. Thanks for your responses. David

Edited by reverie4401

Best rates in Vancouver will be from VBCE with a location downtown. Not optimum since you will need to do two conversions, from USD to CAD first.

I did find a solution however. We are doing a Trans-Pacific cruise on the Celebrity Millennium, which starts in Vancouver. Vancouver had much better foreign exchange providers than in South Carolina. So I will pick up Yuan in Vancouver. Thanks for your responses. David

Best rates in Vancouver will be from VBCE with a location downtown. Not optimum since you will need to do two conversions, from USD to CAD first.

This is not a problem if you have a no fee ATM card for the first conversion from USD to CAD.

• 3 weeks later...