Royal Caribbean vs All Inclusive - a perspective

Interesting thread for sure. Thank you.

We've done 14 cruises and one AI and, to me, either one depends on your companions.

We've loved almost every cruise but the AI with my son, DiL and GDD in the DR was also a blast. I did like the idea of no bar bill at the end. LOL

So true. I love cruising with dh as there is so much to do and see in ports all over the world. But I also love vegging on the beach from sunrise to sunset in AI hotels with my girlfriends . DH would be bored after a couple of hours

What resort was it, if you don't mind saying?

Thanks for the comparison, very interesting as we have been considering AI for our next Caribbean vacation

I'm not sure if that question was for me but I will answer it. [emoji6][emoji6].

We did Beaches Turks fall of 2014 with my parents and our three teen sons. To be fair, it was fall and that is not a huge travel time for families or really anyone. Our teens were pretty bored. There was not much going on at night except for one karaoke bar. BUT from what I saw they did an amazing job with the 10u group. All sorts of activities and characters and a kids place without the parents where the kids were totally engaged with the workers and having a blast.

DH and I did Palace Riu Las Americas in cancun for our 20th and it was fun, but very low key. Again it was in the fall, but not a whole lot of action even next door at the other Riu where they had a disco. A very nice place, but we prefer more activities, even if it's just watching the belly flop contest or walking down to Boardwalk for a burger.

We love to both cruise and stay at AI's.

I guess it depends on our moods of which to do. We usually cruise with friends in the fall and in February. We also travel to Cozumel 2-3 times a year to scuba dive and stay at Cozumel Palace.

I will have to say that the last few times there at Coz Palace that the food was outstanding and the service has always been fabulous. This has seemed to improve each trip down. In comparison, I think the food quality and service have both slipped downward on our last few cruises.

We will continue to do both :D