5 hotels in Rome which do I choose?

avamarie98

I have researched a lot of hotels in Rome for our weekend in October pre-cruise. Several that I wanted were sold out. I am down to the following:

Hotel Nerva around 559 Euros queen room

La Clariesse al Pantheon around 475 Euros double room

Hotel Navona around 337 Euros standard room

Hotel Abruzzi around 482 Euros double room (620 for view)

Hotel Napoleon around 418 Euros for double superior room

They all sound similar in amenities and in close proximity to everything we would like to see. Is there anything good/bad I should know before I book about any of these places. I don't care so much about the money at this point when I think about how much the whole trip is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have researched a lot of hotels in Rome for our weekend in October pre-cruise. Several that I wanted were sold out. I am down to the following:

Hotel Nerva around 559 Euros queen room

La Clariesse al Pantheon around 475 Euros double room

Hotel Navona around 337 Euros standard room

Hotel Abruzzi around 482 Euros double room (620 for view)

Hotel Napoleon around 418 Euros for double superior room

They all sound similar in amenities and in close proximity to everything we would like to see. Is there anything good/bad I should know before I book about any of these places. I don't care so much about the money at this point when I think about how much the whole trip is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How many days are you staying for?

We are staying at the Albergo Cesari for 3 days and paying 686 EU and the Hotel is centrally located. You can walk to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the Pantheon and even to Vatican City. Good Luck with your search.

I thought I had looked at Albergo Cesari and it was sold out. I just checked it out and for two days it was around 550 Euros. Not bad at all. Will add that to my list to show my DH. I don't understand all the different categories of rooms but I know we need a double.

Thank you for the suggestion!

The different categories mainly have to do with room size and/or location (e.g., with a view or without). If you are not planning to spend much time in your room, I'd go with the lowest reasonable category. In Rome, it's better to pay for a lesser room in a good location than a great room in a poor location. (At least, that's my philosophy.)

I have stayed at both Albergo Cesari and Hotel Nerva. I like them both. For someone who wants a very central location, I'd recommend Albergo Cesari. Most sites in the Centro Storico are walkable from here and the evening ambiance in the area is great.

If you are mostly interested in the ancient sites of Rome, Hotel Nerva is a good choice. There are also good restaurants in the vicinity and it's pleasant to stroll around the ancient monuments at night -- but it doesn't have quite the same festive feeling as being around the "Trevi-Pantheon-Navona" areas in the evening.