Oosterdam Veranda Size

AutumnSky

I'm looking to book a veranda stateroom on the Oosterdam. Looking at the deck plans, it appears that the Upper Promenade verandas are larger than on other decks. I've googled it and done a search here on Cruise Critic, but I can't find any mention of them being larger. I did, however, find a lot of interesting tidbits about cabins, cabins, locations, etc. ;) Does anyone know if these verandas are indeed larger?

Yes, the U.P. verandas are 7.5 ft deep compared to 6 ft for most side non-suite cabins. But be aware that those from 4001 to 4042 have steel-wall railings rather than plexiglass.

Cabins from 5051 to 5138 have just 4.3 ft deep balconies

Edited by catl331

We just got off the Oosterdam and we stayed in cabin 5082 midship. Great location, plenty of room for 2. We were very happy with our cabin. Plenty of storage space. Great view, the life boats did not interfere with our view at all. Make sure you request port side whatever deck you choose. So nice seeing the ports as you arrive and depart.

Make note:

They provide a hair dryer, bath soap, shampoo and conditioner. I brought my own anyway. I also brought a power strip so I would more plugs for charging phones and batteries. Your suit cases fit under the bed once you have unpacked them. I only needed my summer night shift with short sleeves. I had long pj pants but did not need them at all. They also provide bathrobes to use. Laundry was $20 for a bag full. I filled with much as possible one time. Your laundry comes back in about 1 to 2 days very nicely done. Hope this helps!

Well, that's interesting. The two cabins don't look double size on the deck plan. Good to know, even though they are already booked on the cruise I'm planning. I wonder if there is noise from the door banging or footsteps on the stairs.

Well, that's interesting. The two cabins don't look double size on the deck plan. Good to know, even though they are already booked on the cruise I'm planning. I wonder if there is noise from the door banging or footsteps on the stairs.
The cabins aren't double size, just the balconies. Each one gets half of the space between the regular balconies.

The balcony is double sized, and you are right that it isn't obvious from the deck plan . We heard no noise at all from the stairwell when we stayed in 4164.