Land & Cruise starts in Fairbanks - start trip in SEA or ANC?

Cruzin4vacay

We are doing a RCL land and cruise next July on Radiance south to Vancouver. We start in Fairbanks on a Monday. I figure we will leave from the east coast on Saturday and spend a few days in either SEA or ANC, then fly to Fairbanks on Monday afternoon via Alaska Airlines. Trying to use United miles for at least 2 of the 4 tix. We would use the time to acclimate to the time change and relax bc the land portion is going to be packed w early starts. Kids will be 13 and 9 next summer. I think I'm leaning toward ANC bc the tour doesn't spend much time there. Or should we head on up to Fairbanks? Would appreciate your thoughts!

You only want a place to "acclimate"? Then why wouldn't you just go to Fairbanks?

Be sure to have the kids well prepared, there won't likely be any others on your land tour. Have triple the snacks, games and batteries handy. :)

For others, and those looking for cost savings with families, kids 15 and under are free on the shuttle buses in Denali.

Ok, so not only acclimate, but just not be on a tight schedule....

Also, their cousins will be with them on the land tour, so they'll have playmates!

Extra days in Vancouver is a good idea though we want to take advantage of the weekend before the cruise. But I suppose we could start and end there...

Ok, so not only acclimate, but just not be on a tight schedule....

Also, their cousins will be with them on the land tour, so they'll have playmates!

Extra days in Vancouver is a good idea though we want to take advantage of the weekend before the cruise. But I suppose we could start and end there...

Have you looked at what each city has to offer? What activities are of interest for you to include? This would dictate where I go.

We are doing a RCL land and cruise next July on Radiance south to Vancouver.

Which days are you arriving in Vancouver. Late July in Vancouver means international fireworks competitions!

Just got back from our cruise tour. Look for my info that I typed up. I put it on this thread and Holland America. Our cruise tour began in Fairbanks on July 22. So that is where we flew to July 21st and had the day to ourselves. I would recommend arriving a day early to adjust to the time change and just enjoy the town at a leisurely pace. We stayed at the Westmark, very nice hotel. There are many options to choose from: Morris Thompson Cultural Center, Pioneer Park, Museum of the North, Chena hot springs near by, gold dredge 8, the North pole, pipeline to see just to name a few. We did the cultural center and Pioneer park. If I went back again I would do the museum of the north in stead of the cultural center or perhaps the hot springs. In Vancouver we did 2 post days, stayed at the Blue Horizon downtown, great location. Great city to see so clean and safe. We used Land Sea tours - did the Sea to Sky tour and the 4 hour city tour the two days were there. Great tour company! Be sure to spend time in Stanley Park!!! Great for the entire family! Hope this helps with your planning.