Rental Car

tidecruiser

Has anyone rented a car in Roatan? We are considering the scooters, but having been on islands many times before, little worried about crazy island drivers.

We are looking to go to Palmetto to Zip Line and then just to explore a little of the island and maybe a beach away from the crowds of the cruise ship. We will be in Roatan on 11/30.

Any help appreciated.

As I am not allowed to sell my services on this forum, let me simply say that I frequently have customers wanting to do exactly as you state. They want to see the island on their time, and do the things they want to do. On a scooter, you can do all that.

I had customers off the Carnival cruiseship yesterday, who also did the French Harbour canopy tour, and ended their day at the beach in WEST BAY, before we took them back to the ship. They had a great time, and I am sure if you look up past posts, you will find similar testimonials.

In regards to road safety, it is an advantage to be either a confident driver, or a person who has some experience driving a 2 wheel vehicle.

For those that do not possess any experience, we simply remind them to enjoy the island and not to rush.

People who drive "over the edge" or above their ability, can experience problems.

We have never had a cruiseship customer involved in a vehicular accident, and I would like to keep it that way! :)

Heck...you are on holidays! Enjoy it!

Archived