Cruise Brides-Married in port of NASSAU? How?

cruisethe7seas

Hi,

I am planning a cruise wedding on the 4-night Fantasy in April. We planned to be married at sunset the day we are in Nassau (we go to Freeport first so requirments are ok).

But my travel agent said it may be hard to be married in port (most get married on the ship). I really dont think it will be that hard.

Does anyone have any information/websites of someone that can marry us? Not a wedding coordinator.

Can we pay a fee to be married at, say, Atlantis? Or must we STAY there?

Thanks!!

Julie

Hi cruise,

We are getting married in Nassau (actually on Paradise Beach, the same island that Atlantis is on) on a 4-day cruise, but we are using a coordinator on the island. I just think this way is much easier than trying to plan something alone.

Check out http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/experience/experience.aspx?sectionid=42586

for more information... You might be able to just hire a minister -- but I'm not sure if you can just get married anywhere, as we have to pay a "site fee" for our beach location.

I have heard that you can get married at atlantis and other resorts (I think you can also get married at the Radisson on Cable beach), but I don't know the requirements. You (and any guests), would, at the least, need to pay the fee to enter the resort for the day. Keep in mind that you'd probably be dealing with a "wedding coordinator" either way (whether they work at the hotel or independently) - and the site fee might be higher at those locations than using a coordinator on a regular beach. We checked out a bunch of sites and options before making our final decision.

Hope that helps!

Carrie

• 2 weeks later...

I just got married off of the Carnival Fantasy in Nassau at the Hilton Colonial. We got our minister and the site through a coordinator in the Bahamas. http://www.weddinginthebahamas.com and I am so glad we did it that way. We didn't have to stay there to use the facility but there was a fee. And our minister was great, though I don't have his contact info directly. Email me and I can give you more info if you would like. jodiem@gmail.com

Archived