Yes, Another Barcelona Cruise Port Question

Cruiser8_8

My ship, the NCL Epic will be docking in port at 5:am (not the last stop), and we plan to get off the ship to get a private transfer to our nearby hotel. What is a reasonable/safe time can I safely set for the cab to pick us up. I was really wondering what time the ship will start letting off people.

We are US citizens and probably will do a self disembarkation.

My ship, the NCL Epic will be docking in port at 5:am (not the last stop), and we plan to get off the ship to get a private transfer to our nearby hotel. What is a reasonable/safe time can I safely set for the cab to pick us up. I was really wondering what time the ship will start letting off people.

We are US citizens and probably will do a self disembarkation.

I would have a long, leisurely breakfast and get a cab for around 10-11 a.m. Hotels don't welcome people checking in much before noon.

Do you really need to pre-book a private transfer as there are always cabs at Barcelona port terminal?

Edited by campolady

I would have a long, leisurely breakfast and get a cab for around 10-11 a.m. Hotels don't welcome people checking in much before noon.

Do you really need to pre-book a private transfer as there are always cabs at Barcelona port terminal?

This is exactly what we did. We were in the Epic on July, disembarkation day was July 12. There is plenty of taxis outside, a huge line of taxis, very organized, they have a person taking charge and assigning the taxis, it was fast, even when you see so many people queuing for taxis. Don't rush, no need for it. The comment about the Hotels is true, they rarely will check you in before 2:00PM. We left our baggage in the Hotel and went touring around.

In a somewhat related question, what would be a reasonable (i.e. earliest) time for a domestic flight from BCN for a ship arriving at 5am? Assume self disembarking and taxi to the airport? I have to check-in for another cruise but it leaves from a different Spanish port. Luckily the second cruise stays in port the first night so if flight missed/delayed, I have some leeway. Just don't want to book a really safe late in the day flight and spend hours waiting at the airport. Anyone have experience in such a situation? Thanks!