Some general questions

CruzCrazy

We are looking to book the Vista once she arrives in Miami, and I *think* I like the idea of the new category, Havana Cabana. That being said, if we want one, it's already pretty limited as far as availability, with mostly just the 6-day itineraries left with Havana Cabanas. I can find just two 8-day itineraries with Havana Cabana availability (in March 2017), and, yikes, they're going for a premium (around $205 per person per night). I know, spring break and all--I guess it's go big or go home ;)

That led me to at least look at some of the 6-day itineraries to compare prices, and they are running about $167 (give or take) per person per night, which I don't think is bad at all for a new ship. Of course, I'd prefer 2 more days and the more exotic ports, but we've done southern 3 times, so the much more reasonable price has me at least thinking about a 6-day--leading me to ask about the inaugural cruise from Miami. Has anyone here been on an inaugural cruise from Miami who can tell me what it was like? Was there anything different about it? By the time the Vista sails from Miami it will have been in service for a little while and will have already done a couple of sailings in the US, so I wouldn't really think they would make a big deal of it, but just thought I'd ask. Along those same lines, have you ever found things at the terminal to be disorganized (I mean more than usual--LOL) when a ship debuts?

After checking, it looks like our choices for a Havana Cabana will be among Nov. 2016 and Feb. 2017 for the 6-day cruises and March 2017 for the 8-day cruises. I'm purposely omitting any of the holiday cruises in December. I've logged a dozen cruises, and I've never been so indecisive and overwhelmed, so please help me decide :)

Edited by CruzCrazy

We've done inagural cruises on other lines (not actual first cruises, but inaugural in that they are sailing from a new port for the first time, etc) and it's been great! We received special gifts, prints, etc. Not sure how Carnival handles this, but on DCL and RCCL it's been a pretty cool experience.