Question about bringing alcohol on and availability of tonic water

Tarnished45

I've found the answer about carry on luggage.

Does anyone know about the tonic water?

I don't believe it's included. Any beverage you get in a can/bottle from a server/lounge has a cost. There's no tonic water in the self serve drink stations.

ALL beverages need to be in your carry on luggage.

No tonic water "free" as far as I know. Of course, you can bring some in your carry on.

Also, depending on where your cruise is going, at some of the ports it is easy to buy things like the tonic water. For instance, in Key West, there is a CVS about 2-3 blocks from the port area. It is an excellent place to re-stock on anything you need.

We brought our own tonic, but forgot the little bottle of lime juice (for G&T), so made friends with a bartender and he gave us what was going to be thrown out at the end of each night. We kept the lime slices in our in-room fridge (inside a drinking glass with the paper lid on top). It worked fine, but I wouldn't expect it again. Our failure to plan should not be a bartender's call to action. I tipped him extra on the last night for this accommodation (and hoped he didn't get into trouble for helping us out). Lime juice is on the packing list now!

We brought our own tonic, but forgot the little bottle of lime juice (for G&T), so made friends with a bartender and he gave us what was going to be thrown out at the end of each night. We kept the lime slices in our in-room fridge (inside a drinking glass with the paper lid on top). It worked fine, but I wouldn't expect it again. Our failure to plan should not be a bartender's call to action. I tipped him extra on the last night for this accommodation (and hoped he didn't get into trouble for helping us out). Lime juice is on the packing list now!

Lime in G & T ???? Lol

It's lemon all the way in a good G & T :)

Lime in G & T ???? Lol

It's lemon all the way in a good G & T :)

I've never tried lemon in a G&T, but I am happy to do so in the guise of research. BTW, using both lemon and lime slices in a G&T is called an "Evans" (perhaps we should call it détente ;)?)