Sardinia & Trapani - Beach Visits?

gbits

Our ship stops in Sardinia on Saturday and in Trapani on Sunday in mid September. As we have full day tours booked in other ports, we would like to enjoy a relaxing beach day when we are in one or both ports. It appears that in Sardinia we can get a bus to Pittulongo Beach but I am concerned as to how we would get back to port (buses do not seem to run frequently). In Trapani, it seems San Vito Lo Capo is the best bet, but it is 1.5 hours away by bus and, because it is a Sunday, buses run even more infrequently. Favignana in the Egadi Islands also seems a possibility by using hydrofoil, but cannot determine if there is a beach right there when you get off the hydrofoil or you then need to find other transportation to the actual beach. Has anyone gone just to a beach from either of these ports that can advise options for transportation and which beach did you visit? Are there taxi's readily available both at the port and at the beach (don't want to get there and not have a way back and miss the ship)? Car rental location at the ports (gives us control on making it back without issue)? All information is greatly appreciated :)

Sorry should have been more informative. Actually our stop is listed as Olbia/Porto Cervo which I find very confusing because they appear to be 2 different places that are not even remotely close to each other! We are probably going to go to Pittulongu Beach, which I think may be the closest to where we dock and take the bus, but I am a little concerned as what I have read says that the buses do not run frequently and taxis are difficult to find. I certainly do not want to take a chance of not getting back in time. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

We were in Sardinia several years ago on an Olbia time-share swap for a week and spent one afternoon in Pittulongo Beach, which was very nice. Unfortunately, as we had a rental car I am not sure of the bus schedule. However, there did seem to be a lot of establishments in the area so would imagine that unless you are going off-season, it should be possible to get public transportation or a cab. I would post this question on tripadvisor, however. I know before we went I received lots of information from the Sardinian 'destination experts'.

Edited by lynncarol
mispelling

• 8 months later...
Which port are you docking at in Sardinia, Cagliari? If so lovely beach 20 mins away. Will give more details if this is the port you are at?

Could you give me details of the beach please :)

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Pittulongu Beach, there is an express bus to the beach which I believe costs 5 euro round trip. You get the bus ticket across the street at the tourist office. The bus ride is about 15 minutes and will drop you off at the top of a short road that takes you down to the beach. They run every 20-30 minutes and they pick you up to go back in the same place you were dropped off. The beach is beautiful, wonderful sand and clear, clean water. There is a cafe that you can rent chairs and umbrellas from and they were reasonably priced. The restaurant has good food and cold beer. The highlight was the cover up I bought - I wasnt really interested and told him I only wanted one if it came in navy blue (and he had many other beautiful colors) and sure enough he went away and came back with a navy one so I bought it (10 euro). Used it while still on our trip and I LOVED it. Was very sorry that I did not buy more in other colors. Our day at the beach was definitely a favorite day :)