NCL Sun and Cayo Levantado in the D/R

cmdchiefthom

With NCL's Sun moving from New Orleans to Miami and changing its itinerary to alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises, I really would like to know something about Cayo Levantado, or Samana. I'm guessing there is a cruise ship dock in Samana, and excursions out the the island. Has anyone out there ported here? Any info would be appreciated. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It isn't a private island but is about a 15 minute boat ride from the Samana peninsula of the DR. Not sure if we'll be tendering when the Sun pulls in but they'll be lots to do on the mainland if the the smaller (and I hear gorgeous) island is not for you.

......but rather an island. We would probably not leave the island if it is as nice as it looks on some webshots pictures we found. What is there to do on the mainland? Are there ruins or any important sites we shouldn't miss on the mainland?

I hear that they are about to build a huge hotel on Cayo Levantado? Do you know if construction has begun?

Sorry for all the questions. This is the only port on this itinerary we haven't been to several times. It'll help me decide which of three cruises to pick in January.

Thanks for the informacion.

MrTractor<-----------

Archived