Door Decorations Question

pirate4me2

What does everyone use to attach door decorations to their cabin doors? We are cruising with first time cruisers, and we'd like to surprise them with a decorated door. Plus we think it would be fun to decorate our own door as well. :) I don't want to hurt the surface of the door, so if anyone knows what to use that would be great.

The door decorating group I joined on FB says anything that doesn't leave a residue. They say command strips, blue fun-tack (the poster putty), and scotch removable mounting putty are best, followed by blue painters tape. Never scotch tape or packing tape.

I had heavy duty magnetic clips that I used last time. They worked well. I also kept some clips for the inside, where I put the Fun Times and the 2 different Camp Carnival schedules. It was so easy to find the room and it was fun too. Enjoy!

Are all cabin doors magnetic?

I've used the green fun tack and those peel and stick decals that just stay on without any adhesive and peel right off. End of summer before Halloween stuff comes out party stores have a lot of the luau and beach themed decorations on clearance.

It's better to assume that your cabin door will be wood and not metal. We always use the blue poster putty (aka Fun Tack), and it works well for us, on either metal or wood. It won't harm painted surfaces, doesn't leave any residue, and cleans off easily. ;)

I've used the green fun tack and those peel and stick decals that just stay on without any adhesive and peel right off. End of summer before Halloween stuff comes out party stores have a lot of the luau and beach themed decorations on clearance.

I love the idea of the peel and stick decals, thanks! Those would be super easy!

It's better to assume that your cabin door will be wood and not metal. We always use the blue poster putty (aka Fun Tack), and it works well for us, on either metal or wood. It won't harm painted surfaces, doesn't leave any residue, and cleans off easily. ;)

I will look for the Fun Tack, thanks! It sounds like a popular and non harmful adhesive.

What does everyone use to attach door decorations to their cabin doors? We are cruising with first time cruisers, and we'd like to surprise them with a decorated door. Plus we think it would be fun to decorate our own door as well. :) I don't want to hurt the surface of the door, so if anyone knows what to use that would be great.

Dude put his luggage tag taped on his door sayinf LARRY YOU LIVE HERE guess the guy coukdnt remember his cabin # still funny ll think

Edited by caddykid12

The door decorating group I joined on FB says anything that doesn't leave a residue. They say command strips, blue fun-tack (the poster putty), and scotch removable mounting putty are best, followed by blue painters tape. Never scotch tape or packing tape.

Or magnets.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use window clings. They work great, peel right off and are cheap to buy. Do not use the gel clings. From personal experience I can tell you that the color bleeds on to the door. I got 90% of it off with lemon, but I'll never do that again.