NCL bar glasses ?

CanadaJulie

Ok, this is a random question...

long story short, I need 12 disposable glasses to serve champagne for an excursion that I have planned. I was going to bring some from home but then thought "maybe I can get some onboard". Do the bars serve drinks in plastic cups ? Maybe I can tip a helpful waiter and get a few. I tried to google a picture but didn't really find anything.

What do you think ? Bring from home or can I get some once onboard ?

Ok, this is a random question...

long story short, I need 12 disposable glasses to serve champagne for an excursion that I have planned. I was going to bring some from home but then thought "maybe I can get some onboard". Do the bars serve drinks in plastic cups ? Maybe I can tip a helpful waiter and get a few. I tried to google a picture but didn't really find anything.

What do you think ? Bring from home or can I get some once onboard ?

Dollarama has bags of stemmed glasses I have used for adventures before. Get more than you need, they break easily.

At this point, I'll take what I can get. I am not loving the idea of carting a dozen glasses with me in my suitcase.

Are the ones they have on board just regular plastic disposable glasses, like this ?ap262.jpg

Slightly larger (taller and wider) with Norwegian branding, yes. A clear version of the red party cups you see in American movies.

For New Year's Eve they served the free sparkling wine in disposable glasses like these:

champagne_zpskzgy8rop.jpg

They probably have a few leftover somewhere on board… Otherwise I would just settle for the plastic cocktail glasses, or maybe try to find the champagne glasses in port. It would be a pain to carry them from home.

We ordered mimosas one morning from an outdoor bar and they came in glass champagne flutes. We took them back to our room to enjoy on our balcony for our docking into Nassau to relax as we were not planning to go ashore. Barely got to enjoy them when all 3 glasses were knocked off the table and smashed! (Balconies are soooo tight!). My point is, even the outdoor venues served in glass.

Thanks to all the great suggestions. I think I'll see how my packing goes and if there is room, I'll bring my own. If not, I'll see what NCL can dig up for me.

This is for a boat rental in Bermuda - champagne picnic on the beach.