Newbie saying Hello

We are also both "those Disney people". We just visited Disneyland for the big 60th anniversary, and ended up having sort of a less than stellar experience. When we got back we discussed it, and decided it was time to take a break from all that, and start doing some of the other things we always talk about doing.

Same story here - we were also big WDW fans, having annual passes and going two even sometimes three times a year (and we live 600 miles away). We took our granddaughter there every year and really enjoyed that time with her.

One year, at age 11, she begged us to take her on DCL, so we did. We were hooked and immediately planned a couple more cruises. Our first (and so far only) RCCL cruise was taking my wife's mother on Freedom. We were then hooked on RCCL, but then we had another opportunity and ended up becoming Gulf Coast fanatics (a 4 hour drive), spending our vacation time and budget at our condo there.

Now, the granddaughter turns 21 in October and wanted to celebrate. We first look at Vegas (she always begs to go with me on my twice-yearly conference trips), but decided it might not be a good fit. DW is not so keen on a lot of walking, and the granddaughter has had some problems of her own that might not fit well with the LV culture. So, a cruise it is!

Welcome, Chris! I bet you will be addicted just like the rest of us after your first cruise. We are sailing the Allure in November for the first time, but have been on the Oasis twice. We loved Oasis! It's hard to go back to the smaller ships after sailing this class of ship, but it's also good to compare the amenities of each. Happy Cruising!

Hello all,

I am a double-newbie. Just joined the board, and I just booked my first cruise (wife's first as well!). We are going to be on Allure in 2017, and I am sure I will be stopping by a lot between now and then! :)

Chris

This will be my second cruise. Lets not forget the RC Song Of Norway back in the 80's. :-)

Stef

Hi folks,

Booked our first cruise! The ship is Radiance of the Sea. Heading to Alaska! I've been lurking around for the past few days and decided to introduce myself.

My husband and my sister will be joining me. So excited! So many questions, but getting them answered just by reading threads. I will post some of my unanswered questions later.

Good question! I'll try not to ramble too much. ;)

So there ya have it!

Chris

Thanks! I think you are going to have a great time! Enjoy. Also for future cruises, don't discount the smaller ships, they have the real ambiance of cruising in my opinion. Just my opinion

:-) But, the Allure is an awesome ship for sure.

Edited by sha88

Hi folks,

Booked our first cruise! The ship is Radiance of the Sea. Heading to Alaska! I've been lurking around for the past few days and decided to introduce myself.

My husband and my sister will be joining me. So excited! So many questions, but getting them answered just by reading threads. I will post some of my unanswered questions later.

Hi and congratulations! The Radiance was the first Royal Caribbean ship I went on. She's a beautiful one. Very classy. I have never been to Alaska, but as far as the ship goes, you will love it!

Hello all,

I am a double-newbie. Just joined the board, and I just booked my first cruise (wife's first as well!). We are going to be on Allure in 2017, and I am sure I will be stopping by a lot between now and then! :)

Chris

Welcome to both CC and to cruising. I am sure it won't be your first and last post or cruise.:D

Hi all,

Great website, really informative and friendly!!

Just booked my first cruise too. Serenade of the Seas for Feb 17 in a balcony cabin, we can't wait!!

Doing a cruise holiday is something I have wanted to do for quite some time (having spent 8 years in the Royal Navy, I wanted to do some sea time for leisure rather than work:D) but have only just convince my better half to agree to it lol.

We chose the itinerary over which ship/ cruise line we sailed on (although my preference was always RCI). We wanted a cruise that was more than a week, but less than 14 nights, as we also fancied a couple of nights staying in Miami. The Southern Caribbean cruise for 11 nights seemed to be tailor made for our requirements.